OS - 3

Thank you guys for being so patient. And I love the response that you gave to my new blog. Your reviews are so motivating that my mind keeps coming up with new ideas and stories. So here is another one-shot for you all. It will have a part 2 as well.

Clutching her wrist I dragged the woman from the hall to the poolside. She kept trying to get away from me. But all my feelings for her vanished in thin air the minute she chose to love my brother-in-law Shyam. Or am I overthinking? Have I gone insane?

She kept giving me weird glances when my steps halted around the poolside.

Maybe what I witnessed...was only the half-truth...
Maybe I am wrong...
Maybe I am being too judgemental...

No. I am not wrong. Khushi would have told me the truth if she felt something for me. I have to deal with this situation wearing my ASR facade. It's time to save my sister. It's time for taking control.

Tumhe mujhse shaadi krni hogi 6 mahi...
(You will have to marry me for 6 mon...)

KYA? SACHHI...ARNAVJI!!!
(WHAT? REALLY.....ARNAVJI!!!)

Giving me the most unexpected reaction Khushi Kumari Gupta pounced on me with the enthusiasm of a 5-year-old who was just offered a big ice cream sundae.

Naturally, my anger vanished and I stumbled and tried to balance myself. Khushis reaction astonished me. Was she not the one who was hugging Shyam asking him to leave my sister? Am I missing something? One cannot fake such happiness.

Woahhhh. She is holding me in a tight grip. I had no choice but to wrap my arms around her. Although I tried to satisfy my ego by thinking that I am simply reciprocating the gesture, in my mind I knew that her reaction thrilled me.

Khushi...Khushi listen to me. I want to marry you for...

Arey Arnavji! Humein pata hai aap bhi humse utni hi mohabbat krtein hain jitni ki hum. Hum to bas aapke ek ishare ka wait krhe the. Shaadi ki baat chedkar to aapne humein pursuqoon krdia.
(Arnavji! I know you love me as much as I love you. I was simply waiting for a sign. You have satisfied me with this proposal of yours).

A gasp escaped my lips hearing her confession. Does she love me? Me? Then what the hell happened at the rooftop? I mused. Unable to grasp the idea that Khushis feelings were so genuine. She loosened her hold and gave me a look that screamed adoration and love.

Tum mujhse pyar karti ho Khushi?
(You are in love with me Khushi?)

Uffo Arnavji sirf hum hi kyun aap bhi toh kartein humse bepanah pyaar. Tabhi to aapne shaadi ke liye poocha. Humne dekha kaise aap humein khench kr laaye. Aap se toh intezaar bhi nai hua. Haaye kitne dabangg types hai aap.
(Oho Arnavji it is not just me. You too are as crazy about me. That's why you proposed marriage. I saw how you dragged me away from the crowd. You were so impatient. I love your swag).

What the!? Tumhe ye shaadi ki deal itni acha lgi?
(You find this deal that appealing?)

She seemed elated by this arrangement. And she liked my rough style of proposing? Wow. I cannot believe it. This is not what I expected. This means Khushi is interested in me. She loves me and wants to marry me. Me. The ASR. The one who was about to push her into another stupid contract. Thank god I did not complete my sentence. Adrift in my thoughts, I almost missed the fury that crossed Khushis features. Her hands moved down from my shoulders to the lapels of my dark tuxedo.

Bas Arnavji aaj ke din aap 'What the' nahi krengi. Aur saat pheron ki shaadi koi mazaak nai hoti. Khabardaar jo isko deal kaha toh.
(Please don't use your patent phrase 'What the' tonight. And please do joke about marriage. Don't ever call it a deal).