OS - 4

Wrote this little piece in the middle of the night two days ago. Finally edited this a while back. Enjoy the treat readers.

Arnav POV

It's time to become the beast. It's time to unleash my inner monster. If she is trying to provoke my dark side then Khushi won't like the consequences of her choice.

Smirking evilly I slithered through the backdoor of the heavily decorated house. The wedding preparations were in full swing. I could see her friends giggling and dancing in the hall.

The catering staff kept running in different directions attending to the guests. Her father was having a deep discussion about the wedding bills with someone. Her mother was introducing her relatives to Khushi Guptas would-be in-laws. Yup would be. The status would never change. 

Because Khushi Gupta will soon turn into a Raizada. And her in-laws are no more. I am the only one who will carry the name forward now. But no issues. Khushi and her kids will be my new family.

As I dodged the kids playing at the bottom of the stairs I recalled how we met each other 4 days ago when my manager Shyam invited me to attend his wedding. My meeting was canceled at the last minute. Also, the idea of a wedding felt better than returning to my cold empty mansion.

So four days ago I came to this farmhouse. The hustle-bustle became a little too much for my liking and I was planning to return home when Shyam caught me off guard by introducing me to her fiance.

Before cancer took her away Mom told me stories about the Beauty. An angel who cured the Beast. She turned the monster into a prince. I thought they were just that. Stories. Meaningless tales meant for kids. Nothing more.

But they were true. The stories were nothing but the truth. The truth that stood before me. I was not prepared for the sight that greeted me. Her eyes captured my soul. Her nightingale voice made my heart flutter. Her smile blew me away.

That's how I met Khushi.

We kept bumping into each other after that first meeting. One thing led to another. And a quick friendship bloomed between us. 

She made me laugh. I made her blush.

I broke her fall when she slipped. 

She applied ointment to my burns.

I blew the dust away from her eye.

She sewed the button on my shirt.

I fed her a jalebi.

She gripped my shoulder as the lizard passed by.

I kissed her hand as she accepted my request to dance.

She hugged me when the lights went off.

I pecked her cheek when the lights came back.

And that's when the realization floored us. The lights were the wake-up call we needed. Shocked she retreated from me. I tried to talk to her. Believe me. But either she was swarmed by the guests. Or Shyam kept hovering around. Yesterday night I finally found the perfect opportunity to corner her.

Tum mujhse bhaag nai sakti Khushi. Iss ishq se tum bhaag nai sakti.
(You cannot run away from me Khushi. You cannot run away from this love).

Raasta chodiye. Koi aajaega.
(Leave my way. Somebody will see us).

Nai jaonga.
(I won't).

Kal humari shaadi hai. Aapko andaza hai iss baat ka?
(I am getting married tomorrow. Do you have any idea about the gravity of this situation?)