OS - 3.1

Contd...

As everyone got busy eating dinner I saw Shyam the snake leering around my girl. Clenching my fist I maneuvered to the spot where Khushi stood uncomfortably with a glass of juice in her hand. One glance in my direction and relief flooded in her eyes.

Jaan tum yahan ho? Aur tumhara ye deewana tumhe sab jagah dhoondh raha ha.
(Beloved you are here? And your lover is looking for you everywhere).

My words had two different effects. My love Khushi gave me a dazzled look. Her shallow breaths and swan like neck mesmerized me. While Shyam Jha began to boil with rage. He was burning in his own version of hell.Liking both the reactions for different reasons I chose to indulge more in 'Shyam ko Jalao Abhiyan'.

Placing my hands behind Khushi's neck I kissed the corner of her mouth leaving my lips on her skin a little longer. I could feel her unsteady breaths. Smiling at the effect I nudged her nose with mine. This adorable woman will forever be mine. I thanked my lucky stars.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Shyam fisting his hands ready to pop any moment. Slowly I pulled away from Khushi and placed my hand around her shoulder. She seemed coherent enough to respond.

Abto hum milgaye na Arnavji. Aap kyun pareshan hotein hain? Aapki jaan apni jaan se zyada door reh hi nai sakti.
(Now you have found me Arnavji. Why do you worry so much? Your love cannot stay away from her beloved for too long).

Woahhh. Khushi knows how to attract a man. She is pure, sweet, organic, and raw like honey that drags bees effortlessly around her. But I am also the King of Bees. Only I will taste her. Only I will protect her. No evil hunter can possess her in my presence. None. Zilch. Nada.

Adrift in my thoughts, I almost missed the touch of her rosy lips over my stubbled cheek. Almost being the keyword. I raised my eyebrow in wonder. In response, the dust of red grazed her smooth cheeks. While Shyam Manohar Jha gave me the evilest look possible.

I knew he wanted to have a word with me. But I was procrastinating at the moment. His restlessness pleased me. This man was hellbent on making me feel only hatred for Khushi. Thankfully she was saved by her goddess. Or else I would have committed the most hideous crime in the name of revenge. Shyam Manohar Jha should bleed to death for all his sins. 

Chotte, Khushiji, Shyamji what are doing over here? The dinner has been served. Come on we need to start other rituals after the meal. Hurry up.

We are coming Di.

Clutching Khushi' hand in mine I pulled her along with me. I won't let that creep harass her anymore. It is better to be around her all the time. Soon we joined the rest of the family and the guests. I picked up a plate from the table and offered it to Khushi. She eagerly took it and picked up two spoons with a smile on her face. I stared at the spoons a little confused. Clearing her throat she gave me a meaningful answer in a very casual manner. Her words made my heart flutter for a while.

Ek thaali mein khane se pyar badhta hai Arnavji. Aur humara to Hamesha ka program hai...haina?
(People say that if a couple shares food in one plate then their bond grows stronger Arnavji. And ain't we planning for...forever?).

Khushi's inner beauty is much more attractive than her outer appearance. And she proves it every time we are around each other.

Shaking my head at the innocent soul I whispered in a tone audible enough for her.

Kabhi kabhi mujhe apni kismat par hairani hoti. 
(Sometimes I wonder how lucky I am).

Kyun? Aisa kyun keh rhe hain Arnavji?
(Why? Why are you saying that Arnavji?)