Chapter Thirty-seven

Start from the beginning

Fuck you! I cursed in my head.

Me: she doesn't want to talk to me! She literally told me to fuck off!

Nolan: stay till her closing time, tell her you like her.

Nolan: what exactly happened?

I explained the whole thing to him and stressed the fact that I don't like her.

Nolan: if you want to get her to talk to you, you have to tell her you like her and that you are just scared to put a title, finito! And you're a dick! A real one.

Me: I know shut up!

In boredom, I ventured into Google.

"So, tomato is a fruit?" I asked myself.
"Hmmm, put I don't see it in a fruit basket" I wondered.

In my wonder i saw Zemela walk out.
"Zemela!" I hurried out of my car to catch up with her.
"Look.. Zemela... I'm sorry" I caught my breath, I blocked her path.

"Move away Bryson!" She said.
"I would happily move, after we talk"

"Look... I'm sorry, very sorry for what I said about you claiming to be my girlfriend and I was just trying to rescue you, I didn't know they're your friends. I prefer doing the talking part that was why I told you to let me defend you not because I think your not capable of defending yourself...and...I think we can both agree that I'm more brutal and cruel with my words" I mixed both lies and truths.

"You're so con_"
"I like you" I blurted out, "and..." I paused
"... I'm just not ready to put a name on it, that's why I said we're friends but, we clearly do what friends don't" I lowered my head to meet her lips. We kissed lightly.

"Thanks" I rested my forehead on hers.
"Don't try anything like that again and....I can be cruel when I want to be" she pouted, she looked so cute.

I kissed her on the lips again, "I won't mummy" I stifled a chuckle, she laughed pulling away.
"How was Halloween?" The question I dreaded.
"Fun" I managed a smile, I wanted to ask her if she was there yesterday but I stopped myself.
She nodded in reply.

"I have to head home, going for evening mass" she said.
"Why? It's Tuesday" I said...I might not know anything about religion but, I know the day Christan go to church.

Maybe she's making an excuse not to hang out.

"All souls is today" she said, "it's solemnity, something Catholics celebrate" she explained.
"Ohhh"
"Yeah, you can come"

"Me? Go to church?" I snorted out a laugh, that'll be hilarious.

"Yeah, you get to pray for the faithfully departed"
"No thanks" I declined with a smile.
"Okay then" she said.
"But do pray for my grandma" I said.

"Sure will do" she said, I want hex as he's walked away in silence, with a smile on my face.

I happily walked back to my car. I crashed on my bed immediately I got home, school was the next day and I needed proper rest as I was still nursing a hangover.

I couldn't sleep because my stomach had demands, I jogged downstairs hoping Nan had prepared something. I was delightful when she severed me rice with pork chops and stir fry veggies.

"You're the best Man" I said with a mouthful
"I know, and you are the best too my dear boy" she smiled hugging my head.

"Thanks Nan" I said after eating
"Welcome my boy"

I plugged my phone in my walk-in-closet because I didn't want disturbance while I slept like a log of wood. I made sure to text Zemela though before sleeping off.

Me: I'm going to bed and I know I'll dream of you. Good night in advance ❤️

+

Please forgive and ignore the typos since it is unedited 😊

Bryson Griffin