Heartbreaker

"Why can't you just love me?" Chat Noir asked seriously. It surprised ladybug that her most chaotic, cat pun-filled partner could ever be as serious as he is right now.

"Because I love someone else! I love you as my partner and friend." She hated saying friend. She hated how much she sounded like Adrien who unknowingly friendzones her by saying 'she's just a friend'.

"I gotta go..." He says as tears well up in his eyes. He doesn't even get love from his father. How is she supposed to love him too when she doesn't even know his identity?

Marinette goes home, completely conflicted between her the argument. Why couldn't the cat just realize that she was doing this for him. She started to look at Adrien's pictures on her walls. Why can't she tell Adrien how much she loves him? Ladybug fights akumatized villains and face down Hawkmoth every once in a while, but could never even form a sentence around her crush.

They are now both home and talking with their kwamis. Both of them are crying.

"Why can't I just confess to Adrien like Chat Noir does to me? Maybe then I could say I was taken and he would back off. Why does he have to do this every night," Marinette screams into her silky pillowcase. She then calms down and slows her words, "Maybe if he liked Marinette, then I would say yes. Ladybug is just a fake version of me. I an only a face and a voice, Ladybug is not my personality."

"Maybe Chat Noir also has a fake identity?" It sounded more like a question rather than an idea.

"How could being a flirt possibly help?" Her eyes began to water again.

"Not everyone has freedom when you have a face. It's those masks that hide it. Maybe without the mask he doesn't have the freedom to joke around." Tikki didn't know much about Adrien, but sometimes she would meet up with Plagg and listen as he ranted about his owner's awful father. She didn't want to say too much- in fear that Marinette could read in between the lines.

Poor Marinette, Tikki thought to herself, I wonder if Plagg is doing any better than me.

Adrien's Room

Why do I have to be stuck with a lovesick teenager as my owner? Plagg began shoving more and more camembert down his small throat as his owner continues to ramble.

"I don't understand Plagg! Who is this boy that she loves? What does he have that I don't." Adrien went back and forth through his room. His hands were flying around as he made sense with this.

Luckily for Plagg, he didn't have to guess the identity of Ladybug because he already knew. The only problem was somehow getting into the blondie's empty head and making him see Marinette. The kwami's eyes widened as he thought of the idea. Yes. This can work. The only thing is that he must ask Tikki.

"Listen!" Plagg interupted Adrien's droning and went up to his face. "I am going to see Ladybug's kwami, I'll be back."

Adrien pouted. Plagg had promised Tikki to not tell his owner who Ladybug really was. This left Adrien alone.

Marinette's Place

"Ahhhhh!" Marinette screamed as an unknown figure approached Marinette.

"Plagg!" Tikki flew up to Plagg.

"Hey, Sugarcube."

"I told you to stop calling me that!"

Marinette realized it was Chat Noir's kwami and left Tikki and Plagg to talk. Tikki looked at the small black figure, expectantly.

"I have an idea, but I need your permission and luck first." Plagg went on and on about his plan and how it has to work. If this didn't work, then it is better off that one of the kwamis switch their owner. He didn't need to explain why it must be done because both of them already know about the power that their owner's identities are.

"Okay."

Sorry that this is short, I just need to get the starter chapter in.