Instinctively she tilts her head to the side, only waiting for his lips to stroke her. They skim down her neck without touching her. She feels his warm breath on her skin, and even though there's no actual connection between them, her knees become weak and she sighs lustfully, leans against his shoulder as his hand glides over her waist to her stomach.

This is almost unbearable, but still, she doesn't want him to stop...

"So you will be busy?" she asks in a low voice, so eager to keep up the conversation, to hide how much she wants him.

"Yeah." He lifts his head to look at her. "Why? Will you miss me?"

So much. She'll miss him so much but at the same time, she needs the distance. She needs to get away from his force, from his impact. She needs a clear mind...

"You wish!" she mumbles before she continues packing.

After her sister Taryn opened the door with the words, "Sorry we aren't taking in any homeless people this year, try the shelter down the street!" Anya knew that she had finally arrived at a place in which she isn't the Anya, the superstar. She's just... herself. The daughter, the sister, the grandchild. It's been so long since she's last seen them. Her elder brother Cole and his wife Maddi had a baby boy at the beginning of the year and she can't believe that this is actually the first time she's holding him. Taryn currently is in her masters program in anthropology and folklore. It's weird seeing the siblings she used to get in a lot of trouble with being contributing members of society.

"I'm so proud of you, honey," her mother gushes and her eyes sparkle after Anya told her family during dinner, that chances are good she might get nominated for a Grammy.

"'Dancing with the Devil' is indeed a masterpiece, so I'm not surprised!" Cole grins and raises his wineglass into her direction. Anya feels her cheeks burning. She's so used to people celebrating and praising her, but family is different, they're unfiltered, real. Their opinion means a lot to her.

"I was actually planning—"

Suddenly the door opens and Anya stops mid-sentence. Everyone is here, who else is—

"Merry Christmas!"

All their heads turn into the broad, tall man standing in the room and the artist's heart begins to race.

Oh shit!

It's Will...

That "close family friend" that gave her the instructions on how to sell her soul ten and a half years ago. The very man that gave her the knife that's able to kill Kyun.

Fuck.

Anya had no idea he would show up. Her dad told her he'd moved to Europe a few years ago after he made a shitload of money in...no idea.

Will had tried to reach out to her over the past months. But she ignored his messages, his calls. She did it for a reason though. Because she had no idea how to explain to him how she got out of the deal.

He freezes as his gaze falls on Anya and his eyes widen, shocked. It's only when her mother pulls him into a tight hug that his attention gets drawn away from the artist.

"Anya," Will finally says after he sits at the table across from her. "It's been a while..."

She can't deny that she holds somewhat a grudge against him. He's a demon hunter and was entirely new to the game back then. One day he found Anya miserable and heartbroken about the prospect of her beloved boyfriend dying and told her that he learned about making deals with hell. Anya assumes he was scared she might take her life after Henry's passing.