Chapter 17: Annihilation! Divine!

Start from the beginning

Göll: S-ucker punch? New a-asshole? Fucking... shit? Brunhilde sure does get vulgar sometimes...

So as the final thoughts and cheers came to a close as everyone waited in suspenseful silence as Heimdall raised his horn.

Heimdall: How long have I waited for this day... the day when I could blow this horn!

Ancient legends spoke of how when Heimdall takes Gjallarhorn in hand and blows it, Ragnarok shall begin. This legend, the prophecy of the end times, an apocalypse... has finally been fulfilled at this very moment! It has finally begun, the battle to determine the fate of humanity, the titular tournament to either end or save mankind! Rangarok! God vs man! Supposedly... god vs man...

*FWOOOOM*

With the blowing of the mighty horn of legend, Ragnarok had at last officially started!

Heimdall: Now, let the battle of Ragnarok begin- huh? Thor put his weapon down? The Shogun just has her at her side too?! They're just casually walking towards each other... menacingly?!

Zeus: Hohoho! It seems Thor has no intention of reaction to his opponent!

Hermes: I must agree... but I am not sure as to the intentions of the lady for doing something similar... it's almost like trying to read a blank sheet of music. Perhaps... even a mere puppet or robot following orders...

The Gods had expected this of Thor, but what of the mortals?

Gudako: Uh... Ei? I'm sure the Shogun not taking up any real battle stance isn't an issue of pride or anything... so why is she doing exactly what someone with pride or overconfidence would do?!

Ei: She isn't an amateur at combat... if she was I wouldn't have spent centuries battling her where a single slip-up would've costed me my life. I know this much, she definitely has something planned. I would know best.

Gudako: Hmm... yeah! She was a pain in the ass, so she'll definitely be a pain in the ass for him too! So I'll trust in her boss capabilties!

Ei: Boss capabilities? Nevermind... b-but Traveler, may I ask you something?

Gudako: Yes?

Ei: I've gotten a bit... famished... do you have any sweets? I was sure you promised some?

Gudako: ... hold on for a second.

So as Gudako had a ferocious battle to find tricolor dango or make some to satiate Ei, the true battle continued below. The two fighters drew closer and closer, Mjolnir dragging along the ground leaving a trench with it's sheer weight, and the naginata of the Shogun leaving a thin trail of cut earth behind from it's sharp blade.

Thor has had this engrained within his thoughts and body, he was born as the mightiest. No one in the world he has faced could match him in battle. All those who dared to challenge him had fallen in but a single strike. So he stood there facing the Shogun, both in striking distance of each other, without moving a single muscle, completely confident in his unbeatable might.

However, the Shogun and him were worlds apart, both literally and figuratively. The Shogun had faced many a difficult foe, while also being so mighty as to crush even gods with but a singular blow. This she had over Thor, she would not underestimate him or haughtily believe she could defeat anyone, after all, her own creator and even an unknown traveler were troublesome.

*Clang*

The first to strike was the Shogun, letting out a fast and mighty thrust from her seemingly vulnerable stance. Thor blocked it with the broadside of his hammer as powerful winds and a great shockwave formed from the two weapons colliding with each other. Noticing this, the Shogun imbued her naginata with the power of electro and managed to push even Thor.