Chapter 70-Amara

Começar do início

I'm suddenly really hot, the shirt on me feels suffocating, and I try to rip it off. I don't think I'm even wearing a bra, but I don't really care at this point; I'm laying here spread eagle, trying not to shit myself; all dignity is out the window. I try ripping my shirt off and growl in frustration when it doesn't do what I want before I feel sparks zip up my arm.

"It's okay, baby, I got it," he says. "Are you hot? Do you want some ice? Can she have ice?" he says almost frantically.

I grab the bed as I shout through the next contraction; I'm pretty sure the only thing coming out of my mouth other than my yells when the contraction happens are quiet whimpers for the epidural. I sigh in relief as someone places a freezing-cold washcloth over my eyes, and Roman pops a spoonful of ice into my mouth.

After what feels like an hour, Dr. Crowen comes in. She says something, but I don't hear.

"Luna," the nurse says, touching my shoulder, and I jump

"What, what?" I pant

"Can Dr. Crowen check your cervix?" she asks me, and I keep my eyes closed and nod as she lifts my leg.

I scream and buck my hips as soon as I feel Dr. Crowen touch me. Fucking shit, that's worse than the contraction? Why is it worse?

"Luna, I know it hurts but try to be still," the same nurse says

"It's fine; the baby is right there. She's complete, go ahead and start pushing. I'm putting orders in, and I'll be right out there when she's close," Dr. Crowen cuts in

"What do you mean when I'm close? Isn't this close?!" I cry

"Sorry, Luna. First, babies require you to push for a little longer than the rest. Don't worry, you've already dilated the whole way this quickly!" she says

I want to cry, but I do as I'm told, and I push.

And I push.

And I push.

And I fucking push.

Roman diligently replaces the washcloths covering my forehead and feeds me ice, my nurse, Alia, repositions me and coaches me through every single push.

"How long has it been?!" I finally cry; I feel like my eyes are going to bulge out of my head; I have a pounding headache, a bowling ball between my legs, and my asshole shriveled up and died after the third push; I was convinced it was gone.

"It's only been an hour and a half, Luna. Don't worry, only a few more pushes; I've already paged Dr. Crowen to return." Alia tells me as she pulls my hair back into its bun for the third time since I've started pushing.

"I can't fucking do it anymore, I can't do it," I yell in frustration, just as another contraction comes.

"You can, and you will now push," Alia orders me, and I can't say no even if I want to; the pressure gives me no choice but to do as my body demands.

I pant as I finish that push and grab Roman's hand; my vagina feels like it's on fire as I try not to scream. Dr. Crowen must have come in at some point because when I hear her voice, I cut her off with a scream. I can't fight back as the next contraction hits, I push against my will, and the burning reaches a crescendo. Then, it's all gone like it just went poof, and I'm staring at the most gorgeous, deep violet eyes I have ever seen as Dr. Crowen lays my baby in my lap. She's blue, and she doesn't move.

I stare at her in shock as Alia rubs her raw with a blanket before she turns, speaking to the other nurse in the room, and my heart drops.

"Call NICU. Luna, she's just a little stunned. I'm going to take her and give her some oxygen," she says as she whisks my daughter away.