Chapter 26-Roman

I laugh darkly as I approach the incubus. I will have to play this smart; if I attack right now, he could teleport, or portal, as we call it, but the fact is I need to detain him. I need to know what he knows about Amara, how he knows about it, and what the end game was. She's never expressed any type of leftover affection she might have for him. But I am genuinely unsure if she'd be okay with torturing him for information. But she has every right to know about this, so I will have to tell her before I do anything.

'Max, I need you to bring me some devilsbane ASAP,' I send through the mindlink

When I stand in front of the fucker, he visibly pales. Demon's scents are undetectable to any other species, a defense tactic bestowed upon us by Hades after we escaped slavery by the Angels over three thousand years ago. It's how my pack can't detect my other side and apparently how Red Moon was unable to scent the incubus among them.

I have to give credit where credit is due, incubi are the weakest of all the demons, but it appears as though he has fared well for himself. I suppose to pose as a Beta, he would have no choice. It makes sense why he cheated on her now; if she didn't have sex with him, it would weaken him significantly, so he had to seek it out elsewhere.

"State your business," I growl at him.

He looks me over for a minute, anger igniting his features as the wind blows my scent mixed with Amara's to him. Given that her scent was all over me, I'm not surprised that it was potent enough for him to easily sniff out.

"You dare take what's mine?" he snarls, allowing his claws to come out

I raise an eyebrow at him

"The facade is long over; Amara knew that the mate bond wasn't real the moment she left you. She's not yours, and she never was," I say, letting my ice-cold mask settle across my face.

Shock settled into his features, and he went silent. Oh, I would get great joy out of torturing him when the time came.

"Please, just let me talk to her; I need to explain everything. She deserves that much." he pleads with me.

I look at him for a long moment, letting him think that I'm contemplating it. I don't sense one single hint of sincerity in his words. Would I have felt sympathy for him if he at least seemed remorseful? Probably not, but all it tells me is that this fucker is evil down to the bone, and there's definitely a hidden agenda here.

I hear Max's wolf approaching, and I allow myself to look sympathetic toward Felix, jerking my chin to come towards me. He's hesitant, but he steps forward. As soon as he lets his guard down, I land an uppercut on his jaw.

"That's for hurting my girl," I snarl at him, and then I punch him again

"That's for trying to manipulate her to come back with you," I say before adding one final punch right on his temple, effectively knocking him out

"And that is because I godsdamn felt like it," I finish, holding my other hand out for the syringe of devilsbane as Max approaches.

I inject it into his deltoid as soon as Max hands it to me; I have no idea how long I knocked this fucker out for, incubi may be the weakest demon, but they're still stronger than the average werewolf. The devilsbane will nullify his powers for at least a day. I injected myself to see what would happen, and I was useless for thirty-six hours. I didn't plan on drawing this out; I would do what I had to do to get information from him as quickly as possible.

"Bind him; I want him taken to the cells on the Northern border. He does not come into the heart of the pack under any circumstances," I order Max and Becca, both of whom nod in response and collect his unconscious form.