《𝟙𝟙: 𝔸𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟》

An older man is walking through the hospital's corridors, he kindly greets everyone he passes by and makes small talk along the way. He was in no hurry to return to his office, after all, today is a slow day. Even if he did have work to do, he could rack up any small excuse and others would gladly help him.

This man is fairly short, with a bald head and a bushy mustache. Although the most notable feature everyone recognizes him for is the large gear-like goggles he always wears.

To everyone here, he is known as the honorable Doctor Kyudai, also known as the chairman of Jaku General Hospital.

A nurse approaches him, "excuse me, doctor, I'm sorry to interrupt you but there's a police officer that's asking for you. He's waiting in the lobby."

"Is that so?" The nurse nodded solemnly. Thanks to a few incidents, the staff in the hospital became wary of the police force, and most held negative opinions of them. This includes himself, Kyudai couldn't help but feel irritated whenever they were involved. Most often, they were sent by that detestable detective.

He sighs, "then I'll go and see what they want this time, I'll be back." He reaches the reception to see a single officer by themselves. The nurse, and everyone nearby, look apologetic.

When he entered the lobby, he couldn't find the officer. There are too many patients and guests waiting, and there's no one wearing a noticeable uniform. It wasn't until an attractive young man wearing casual clothing approach him did Kyudai realize this man must be the officer. "You must be the officer I was told to meet."

He nodded, and they shook hands. "Yes I am, It's nice to meet you Doctor Kyudai." He showed his badge, "I'm Officer Kimura Koushin, I was sent by the Musutafu Police Department in hopes your expertise could help us."

"Of course! I would love to help in any way that I can!" Kyudai started to lead the officer away from the lobby, "we should speak privately in my office."

Kimura only nodded and quietly followed his lead. Along the way, they pass by several employees who made scornful eyes. Despite only telling one person of his occupation, word quickly spread around. And Kimura immediately notices their dislike of him.

"I'm sorry for their behavior." Kyudai was quick to apologize once they were alone in his office. "We had unpleasant visits from other officers in the past. We were forced to fire some of our close colleagues due to their unnecessary interference." He said as he sat down by his desk, Kimura sat close to him and nodded in understanding.

"I apologize for that. Not to worry, I don't know the full details, but I overheard the one responsible for sending those officers is forbidden to harass you all again."

Kyudai's face became full of relief. No wonder there haven't been any of those 'inspections' recently. Whenever those officers visited, they were one step closer to finding his secret laboratory, he would be forced to falsely accuse one of his innocent employers of a crime so they would leave the hospital satisfied. But there was no doubt that the detective was suspicious of the hospital. Unfortunately, there is too much-prized equipment, making it impossible to move the laboratory to a more secure location. There are other laboratories throughout Japan, but underneath this hospital held the most valuable asset the other locations didn't have, a steady supply of people. It'll be a shame to lose so much. But hearing that the detective will leave him alone filled him with so much relief.