Chapter 14

???: No. 4...where is No. 4...I NEED NO. 4!

Louis: Gah!

*Louis wakes up in his room*

Louis: Hah...hah...

???: Here is No. 4.

Louis: ...!

???2: Thanks, we finally found No. 4's shirt.

Louis: (The number 4...the number of death)

Miakoh: *yawn*...Louis...? Are you doing alright?

Louis: I'm doing fine.

Miakoh: Liar. Tell me.

Louis: I said I'm FINE.

*Louis gets off the bed and goes to change*

Miakoh: Something's troubling you. And quit trying to act like everything's fine, cause it's clearly not.

Louis: Keep you filthy nose out of it!

*Louis shuts the door to the bathroom*

Miakoh: Louis, don't make me break down the door!

Louis: You wouldn't dare.

*SLAM*

Louis: Okay maybe you would!

Miakoh: Last chance! Open the door or it'll open with a crash!

Louis: *grumble*

Miakoh: What was that?

Louis: Oh alright FINE!

*Louis opens the door, and Miakoh hugs him*

Louis: ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

Miakoh: Tell me what's wrong or you'll stay like this forever!

Louis: *sigh* I just had a bad dream, alright? Now get your greasy hands off me!

Miakoh: My hands aren't greasy!

Louis: I didn't mean literally! Let go!

*Miakoh sets Louis on the ground*

Miakoh: Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Louis: I hate you...

Miakoh: You're over exaggerating~

Louis: Hmph! I'm gonna go now!

Miakoh: Me too.

Louis: You...don't need to be concerned with this...

Miakoh: Why? Gonna do something ilegal?

Louis: Funny.

Miakoh: Heh.

*Louis and Miakoh are walking down a hallway*

Bill: I happened to come across the Back Alley Market, and I found you and Miakoh's secret!

Louis: (I didn't expect that scum to find out. No need to panic, I just need to prepare myself for the worst-case scenario...)

Miamoh:(Louis' expression...is he hearing voices in his head too?)

Louis: (13 years ago...I was raised as livestock. In that place, carnivores would purchase you, and eat you right then and there. Raising livestock is taboo, even in the Back Alley Market, so it was done in secret. We weren't taught how to read or talk...but one thing we did know, was that leaving the basement is equivalent to death)

Wolf: Bark!

Carnivore: What's the matter? You hungry? Too bad, you already had breakfast.

Louis: (Miakoh was used in trade, and was accidentally sent here with us. So they just kept him, in case someone wanted to buy him)

Fawn: Aooo...

Wolf: Bark!

Louis: (For some reason, this wolf and I had a connection. He would always step in front of me, as if some sort of...bodyguard...heh)

???: Is this the one?

Carnivore: Certainly. Someone like you shouldn't be wandering these halls, your highness.

Deer: Don't flatter me. I'm going to purchase this fawn.

Louis: (I could tell, by his clothes and voice...he wasn't going to kill me. But, Miakoh thought differently)

Wolf: Bark! Bark!

Carnivore: Oi! Get outa the way, you -

*bite*

Carnivore: AH! My finger, i-it came off!

Wolf: Bark!

Deer: Hm...it seems you are willing to defend this fawn, even though you are clear opposites. Predator and prey...

Wolf: BARK!

Deer: Well, I'd like to try something...change my order, I'll be ordering the fawn and the wolf. And I'll pay for your...injury.

Carnivore: D-Damn it...! I m-mean, sure!

*The deer, fawn, and wolf ride an elevator*

Deer: Now, I won't be having mercy on you just because you're children.

*He gives the fawn a dagger and shoves the fawn and wolf into a room, and closes the elevator*

Carnivore2: ...Hey, is that our lunch?

Carnivore3: What is with the wolf...?

Carnivore4: Who cares!? I'm starving!

*The carnivores close in*

Fawn: Aooo!

*The fawn holds the dagger to his throat*

Fawn: AOOOOO!

*The wolf, smacks the dagger out of the fawns hands, and rushes at the carnivores*

Louis: (At the time, all I saw was blood. Screams echoed through the room. When the splattering stopped...)

*The wolf is unscathed, and all the other carnivores are mutilated. Blood drips from everywhere*

Fawn: A...wooo...

Wolf: ...

*The deer pulls the fawn into the elevator, and closes it*

Wolf: Bark!

*At full speed, the wolf charges toward the elevator at full speed, and breaks the elevator bars* 

Wolf: Ack!

*The deer put a syringe at the wolf's neck, and he faints*

Fawn: Awoo...?

Deer: Don't worry, he's just unconscious. But that was unbelievable...you would rather take your life than be eaten by carnivores. You truly have what it takes to be my son. Not only that, for a pup, this wolf has shown strength far stronger than any. It would be a waste to kill him... So, I'll raise him too, but you'll still be the heir.

*The elevator door opens, and light fomes out*

Louis: A...h...

*We cut to the wolf in a bed, slowly opening his eyes*

Wolf: *whine*

Louis: ...

Deer: Oh, it seems you're finally awake. Don't worry, you're perfectly safe.

Wolf: *soft growl*

Deer: Hm...anyway, your name shall be Miakoh from now on. This fawn is now my son, Louis. Make sure to protect him from any harm.

Louis: (From that day on...this wolf wouldn't leave my side...)

Miakoh: Louis, you seem a bit down. Did something else happen?

Louis: ...It's fine. Just...remembered something.

Miakoh: Okay...