Chapter 10

Lion4: I'm opening... jeez, are you always this impatient?

Lion5: I wanna see! Hey!

Miakoh: Uh, hi.

Lion4: Nice too meet you, Miakoh. I'm -

Lion5: Hey! Why should we tell him our names? He's Agata's lackey, he's not with us!

Free: I'm Free! Just fucking swell to see you!

Lion5: Damn it, Free!

Lion4: Oh cheer up, S -

Lion5: Don't give it away now!

Agata: Ah, I'm here! 

Free: There you are! Ready for your date!?

Agata: W-Wha...!? No, of course not!

Lion4: Well, don't be gone for too long! The boss won't be thrilled if you are...

Agata: It'll be fine!

*Some time later*

Miakoh: That was a bit hectic.

Agata: It is. But...too be honest, they're like family. A-And you too, obviously!

Miakoh: I think they're good for you. Well, except for your boss. What was his name again?

Agata: It's, well...you don't need to know that. It is the Shishigumi's -

Miakoh: You were told to say that if I asked, huh?

Agata: I-I, we-well...yeah...

Miakoh: Then I won't pry.

Agata: Phew! Thanks, I was actually considering telling you!

Miakoh: Yeah! Say, why did some of the guards look like they wanted to beat me in a pulp? I understand looking intimidating, but those gazes seemed...scornful.

Agata: Well, some of the lions don't really like canines... Because felines and canines usually fight each other, they don't really see eye to eye.

Miakoh: Meh. So...I got you some fries.

Agata: Wow! Thanks! Mmm...

Miakoh: You're spilling some of them.

Agata: Ah! Well, I guess I got a bit too excited.

Miakoh: (Hm...) So, what do you exactly do in the Shishigumi? 

Agata: We usually just go to places for business deals, and we sometimes have to kill a target...

Miakoh: So usual mafia stuff. Well, if you're happy, that's good enough.(Agata's...)

Agata: How can you stay so calm? I murder people yet you seem perfectly composed!

Miakoh: (...always seems to be concerned about little things) Well, it just comes naturally to me...

Agata: You're still basically a kid...

Miakoh: (Well, you know what time fits nicely? Flashback time)

Bear: Let's see each other tomorrow!

Lion: Yeah...sure!

Hyena: You know I'll be there too!

Lion: (...Heh. They follow me as if I am a king. Even though I don't fit the qualifications...)

Wolf: Hey! What're you doing here looking all sad!?

Lion: Huh? (Is...Is that a kid!? Why is a kid talking to me...!?)

Wolf: I said, why are you so mopey!? 

Lion: Ah...no, I'm fine!

Wolf: Fine, huh!? I can tell what you said was as real as...something that isn't real!

Lion: Heh...listen kid. I don't know what you heard about me, but -

Wolf: I have absolutely no idea who you are. I'm just helping a fellow Senpai out!

Lion: I'm...not so sure I'll be a Senpai any longer...

Wolf: Hm? What does that mean?

Lion: I think I'm going to drop out...I just don't think...(Wait, why am I telling this to a literal child?) N-Nevermind,

Wolf: Too much pressure, huh? Especially with your dark mane.

Lion: ...Ah...

Wolf: Well, don't worry! I'm not gonna start praising you like a weirdo!

Lion: H-Heh...thanks, kid...say, don't you have any friends to run along too?

Wolf: Well, my friend is in the year above me, and went to another school for Middle school.

Lion: (Here, an elementary, middle, and high school are close to each other. They're separate schools, but people usually send their kids to those because it's more convenient)

Wolf: And what sucks, is that my parent is sending me to this one here! 

Lion: You should make some friends, kid. 

Wolf: So should you. All your "friends" just seem to follow you because of your "status".

Lion: That is...awfully mature of you to say...

Wolf: Well, don't feel bad because a fifth grader is telling you this!

Lion: I'm in 11th...hey, let's stay in touch, kid.

Wolf: Sure! I'm Miakoh! What's your name?

Lion: It's...Agata. Here's my phone number...

Miakoh: (Now, back to the present)

Agata: So I'm never trusting him with laundry again.

Miakoh: That is fair. He did almost ruin your suits.

Agata: He sure got a beat-down for it...

Miakoh: That's a bit overboard...

Agata: You know how the boss is... Look at the time. I gotta head back. 

Miakoh: Me too. Legoshi's probably finished by now.

Agata: Finished...? Who's...?

Miakoh: Just a friend. Well, bye!

Agata: O-Oh! See you, Miakoh!

*A while later*

Miakoh: Hey Aoba, Legoshi.

Aoba: Miakoh! Where have you been!? 

Miakoh: With a friend. How're you doing, Legoshi? 

Legoshi: ...I'm fine.

Miakoh: Well, let's -

Legoshi: Miakoh...who did you meet up with?

Miakoh: A friend. And who did you meet up with? A cat? Donkey? Panda?

Legoshi: ...!

Miakoh: Hey, I won't tell!

Aoba: Now you're just being cryptic!

Miakoh: Heh, sorry about that. But y'know...nothing that important. We should hurry before we upset the dorm mother. (It was nice seeing you Agata. Maybe we can meet up again. I always seem to enjoy our chats. It feels like...I'm getting a stomach-ache when you speak. And I get a bit light-headed, too. Does lion breath have this effect? No...it's just with Agata...I know becase... I don't know. I just know that I know)

Aoba: Miakoh, your tail is wagging.

Miakoh: It is? That's weird...