Chapter Eleven (Part III)

Start from the beginning

I luh God

You don't luh God?

What's wrong with chu?

I luh God

You don't luh God?

What's wrong with chu?

We both rapped along to the song as I moved my hands and danced to the beat. I laughed as I looked at Mama, she had one hand on the steering wheel and she was moving her arm wildly.

We arrived at the boutique, Mama's stylist Zina owned. I checked my appearance in the mirror before heading in behind Mama.

The fitting went really well. Zina had four different outfits for me. I'd arrive in one dress and greet the people, change into a more comfortable outfit to enjoy the party in, then change for the photo booth and the celebrity glamour hour, then I had one last change for the gift opening and the thank you speech at the end.

Of course, everything was designer. I knew all of my parents loved me and that I was extremely spoiled but I didn't even want to think about how much they were spending on my birthday.

"I'm hungry." I whined.

"You want something light now or do you wanna wait until lunch with the girls?" She asked me.

"Something light now." I told her. I was hungry as hell. Since I kinda went a little overboard last night at the slumber party, I had been starving myself since.

"What you want?" She asked.

"Jamba." I replied. It was enough to fill me up but it wasn't too heavy or fattening. After getting out smoothies from Jamba Juice, we headed across town to the party venue. Mama said that they rented out the building for two days so that they'd have enough time to decorate and clean up. We wanted everything to be perfect.

"Hey Li." Aunt Leilani said hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her neck as she kissed my cheek.

"Hi Lani." I giggled as she kept her lips pressed against my cheek. After we pulled apart, we walked into the building.

After Aunt Leilani showed me the layout of everything, they sent me away to discuss business. They didn't want me to know how much everything was but all I knew was that the budget for everything was one million dollars, my gifts included.

Daddy told me I could have whatever that I wanted and if I went over budget it was no big deal but Mama on the other hand was bringing up the budget every five seconds.

"Is there anything else you want to add to the list Li?" Aunt Leilani asked me when I came back over to them.

"Nope, we're already over budget." Mama said before I could even speak.

"Well, I wanted to give out party favors. I wanted my closest friends to be with me in a secluded VIP section. I want to add more pictures of me everywhere in crystal frames. I want big ones on the walls and then smaller ones on the tables. I want all my family and friends to be seated in separate sections. I want a slideshow of all the family pictures to play. Instead of a red carpet, I want a hot pink carpet. I want very strict security, if they don't have on all white or don't have a gift, don't let them come in and-"

"Aaliyah!" Mama said cutting me off. "Stop being a diva. I know this is your day and you want everything to be perfect but be realistic." She told me.

"But Daddy said I cou-"

"I don't care." She said cutting me off.

"Anything else Li?" Aunt Leilani asked.