Talk about Parents

Ben's POV:

Alex and I were snug like a bun on the couch, watching Tv. A movie she starred in way back before we met.

I... Well... I was barely paying attention. I just enjoyed being with her.

But now that I look at her, she seems deep in thought. I wonder what she's thinking?

Must be serious if she's showing it.

Should I ask her? No, she'd tell me if it was serious, right?

Tv Alex: You should be able to tell if something is wrong!

I am?!

Okay, calm down, that was just a coincidence... Or a well-timed hint. She's been known to mess with and tease me...

Damn it! I'm panicking! Does she want me to ask? Or should I know?! I'm a detective and I can't solve this?!

I'm a fraud! And she probably knows it!

Speak your mind lady! Free me from this cruel suspense!

Alex: Hey, when can I meet your parents?

Ben:...

Why did you speak your mind? This is a hundred times worse than my wildest nightmares!

Ben: M-My... Parents... Uhmm... Well... Uhhhh... Pass.

Alex: Pass?

Ben: Yes. Final answer.

Alex:... Denied. Give me a real answer.

Ben:..... Try again later.

Alex:...

She headbutted me.

(Opening theme)

With a bump on my head, I now had no choice but to set up a meeting with my dad... My...dad...

I know that usually, this is the occasion to cement a relationship as serious but I see this as something that could potentially break my relationship.

My dad acts like an Asian aunt.

"Why aren't you married yet? What job do you get- oh that's it? Your cousin-"

He is always not satisfied with what I've got. Constantly wanting more from me.

And it's likely he'll do the same with Alex. I know it!

Imaginary Alex: Hi, I'm Ben's-

Imaginary Dad: Why are you so chubby? Hit the gym damn it.

Or...

Imaginary Dad: Actor? Ohhh... In that case, here... Make me a grande cappuccino.

I have to be on my A-game, less he ruins my relationship with Alex.

(Knock, knock, knock)

Alex and I stood in front of my old house, waiting for my old man to come and let us in.

(Creaaak)

Dad: Oh-ho! Ben, this must be your lovely lady!

Alex:(smiles) Hi, I'm Alex!

Dad: Come in! Come in! I've prepared lunch!

Ben:... Uhh-huh...

He's probably going to wait until she says something to dissect.