We part with a smile, and then I head shakily towards the storeroom. Another deep breath, and then I knock.

"I won't be a minute!" A cheery voice calls out. George.

Realising I don't want to have this talk in the middle of the shop floor, I slowly push open the door and slip inside.

The red haired man at the back of the room immediately looks up at the sound of the door being closed, and I freeze. For a split second I see only my darling Fred in front of me.

"Harri," George breathes, dropping the pile of items in his arms so that they crash to ground, "you're back."

I nod, feeling uneasy.

"Shit," he says, crouching down to pick up the scattered mess. "I'm sorry. You just took me by surprise. It's been... what- two years?"

I kneel down to help him, picking up a crying Pigmy Puff which I hug tightly to my chest in an attempt to soothe it.

George reaches out and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Harri, where have you been? After that night- I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have done what I did."

I look away, not being able to bear to see the sadness in his eyes.

"Do you- do you remember much about it?" I whisper.

George swallows. "It's a bit of a blur if I'm to be completely honest. I was grief stricken. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry, that's not much of an excuse."

I stand up, still cradling the sobbing Pigmy Puff to me. "You don't have to be sorry. I'm as much to blame."

George too stands up, his arms once again full of shop products. "I wasn't myself that night. I felt... strange."

I want to tell him that I think Fred had possessed him, but I don't know how appropriate this would be. It would certainly be an odd thing to say given the circumstances.

"The thing is George," I say carefully, my heart racing in my chest, "that night... there were... um... consequences."

"Consequences?"

I nod, feeling so apprehensive that I cannot speak.

George, looking suddenly stricken, draws in a deep, shaky breath. "Harri- are you trying to tell me what I think you're trying to tell me?"

"I have a child, George. We have a child."

His mouth falls open, as he once again drops all the things back to the ground. "What?!"

He looks angry, shocked. And so he should. I take a step back and end up backing into the closed door behind me.

"I'm sorry I've kept it from you," I say quickly, "my head was so messed up- I thought... I thought I was sleeping with Fred that night- I thought Lily was his-"

"Lily?" He stammers, his voice choked. "I have a little girl?"

I nod, tears brimming in my eyes. "She's beautiful, George. She looks just like- just like-"

I break off, not being able to finish my sentence. For I was about to say that she looks just like Fred.

The situation is so fucked up that I find myself bursting into tears. George immediately moves across the room and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry," he murmurs. I feel his heart pound beneath his chest as he clasps a hand to the back of my head and fiercely presses his lips down on the top of my head. "I'm so sorry."

I cling to him. He smells like Fred, and this only makes me cry harder.

After a moment he lets go of me and steps back, driving his hands through his hair.

"This is so much to take in, Harri. Only this morning I woke up and wondered if it was too soon to tell the girl I'm dating that I want to get serious. Now I find out I've got a child!"

"I'm sorry." I say pathetically, feeling so ashamed as I wipe my eyes. "I really am."

This room suddenly feels so claustrophobic and I find it difficult to breathe. I need to be outside in the fresh air, with my daughter. With Draco.

"Look, I'll go," I say, turning around to grab at the door handle, "I'll give you time to process-"

"Where is she?" George cuts in, his voice gentle. "Did you bring her?"

I nod, looking back at him with a smile. "She's outside. Draco is looking after her-"

"Malfoy?!" George's face suddenly darkens. "What's he got to do with all of this?"

"He found me. Don't be angry. He was the one who brought me back. He was the one who made me realise I needed to let you be in Lily's life."

George shakes his head, his expression softening. "Don't go. I'm sorry. Just give me a moment and I'll come out and meet her. No- wait, bring her in. I'll meet her upstairs. Just give me five minutes, okay? I just need a moment to collect myself."

Relief floods through me. I smile and nod, before quickly leaving.

Draco stares at me quizzically as I step out into the street and go to him.

"He wants to meet her," I say at once, taking Lily from him, pressing my face into her strawberry red curls as I hold her soft body tightly to me.

Draco frowns down at us, his expression tinged with worry. "I'll come with you."

I shake my head. "I'll be fine, Draco. Really. It was a shock for him, of course, but George isn't angry, and he said he wants to see her. Look, thank you for being here but I've got this now. Go back to Astoria. She'll be waiting for you."

Draco looks conflicted as though he doesn't want to leave. "I think I should stay just in case-"

"Go back to your fiancee," I say forcefully, giving him a pointed look. "This is between me and George."

Hurt flickers in his eyes. I immediately feel bad. But George doesn't need this.

"Mama," Lily gurgles, pulling my hair and also my attention.

I look down at her and smile as her brown eyes meet mine. "Are you ready to meet Dada?" I say softly, rubbing my forehead lovingly against hers.

A loud 'crack' resounds in the air.

I look up to find that Draco has gone.

*****