Garin climbed atop the mast and stared ahead into the telescope. He scanned the ocean for any form of life but all he saw was water and he grunted out in frustration.

“Does this godforsaken sea of water never end?” He asked himself and climbed down back onto the deck.

Hannah walked up the stairs and reached the top of the boat. She looked around and saw Garin tying some ropes and so, she called out to him.

“My love, any progress?” She said.

“Unfortunately, no. I think we’re going to be out here for a while longer and we’re going to have to ride the storm,” Garin answered.

“Maybe we’re not,” she said.

“What do you mean by that?” Garin asked and turned around to face her and that was when he saw her.

“What is she doing here?” He asked aggressively.

“Relax, Garin, she’s here to help us,” Hannah said with her hands out to him.

“That’s right, demon. I’m here to help,” Fawn said but she didn’t sound happy about it because Garin was a demon and angels never got along with demons.

Except for Hannah and Garin...

“Since when have you or any of the angels cared about helping us? All you do is stand by and leave us to suffer so why would you want to help us now?” Garin asked.

He didn’t trust her.

“I’m not here to help you, demon. I’m here to help Hannah and if that means you get saved too, then that’s just a price I’m going to have to pay,” Fawn said.

“Hannah, can I speak to you?” Garin said to her and walked to the end of the ship.

Hannah went to him and he held her arm and pulled her aside.

“I don’t trust her. I think this is a trap of some sort to make sure we die out here,” He whispered.

“Garin, I don’t think it’s a trap,”

“It has to be! Don’t you remember the one time we needed help and no one came?” He asked her.

Memories of their son suddenly came flooding back into Hannah’s mind, sad memories but now was not the time to think about that.

“Of course, I remember. I can never forget that but this is different,” she assured him.

“How is this different? Your sister there is definitely here to lead us to our deaths. She’s more slippery than the devil himself,”

“You do know that I can still hear you, right? Listen, Garin, I already explained why I’m doing this to Hannah but if you want an explanation too, I will give it to you,” Fawn said to him.

“Please then, tell me why the sudden change of heart, because I’m sure God didn’t send you here so you’re risking invoking his wrath upon you,”

Fawn moved closer to him and stared him dead in the eyes.

“God did send me here but not for the reason you might be thinking. There is a commotion in Harlem; an imbalance of power among celestial forces of the universe. The gates are flaring up and this imbalance needs to be corrected which means the two of you, being the only banished angel and demon currently living on Earth cannot die tonight or Harlem will collapse on itself and every angel and demon will escape and roam the Earth,” Fawn told him.