Chapter Ninety-seven 97

The weather was so unlike Nigeria but very frosty with ice and snow. It was filled with whites and blondes unlike Nigeria.

She climbed down from the bus at Ely where a beauty parlour was opposite a cathedral then walked to the store where there was a big poster of Taylor Swift with her fringes and burgundy lipstick.

Her nose was turning red due to very low temperature.

She walked into the place and gawped at how the store that has changed alot and at the lady's who were there for more beauty.

Some where fixing their nails which was the mani-pedi and hairdressing too.

"Aunt Bridget", she called out to the black lady with a short bobbed hair ordering around at the apprentices.

"God, it's my niece. You're finally back but still haven't grown up", she said and hugged her tightly.

"How have you been doing?"

"You didn't even bother to call, even if it's once in a blue moon".

"Sorry Aunt, I've been busy", she said while they made their way upstairs where there was a flat.

"And this is my niece I always told you about, she studies in Cambridge", said Bridget  boastfully while the blondes were hugging and saying hi to her.

"You're like an African queen", said an elderly woman with wrinkles.

"Thanks", she said and dashed to her room with her suitcases.

The door was locked then she went down to Bridget, "Where are my keys?"

"Over here", said a manly voice then she turned her back and saw the tall biracial guy in chino and shirt with a helmet.

"Alfred", she said then grinned at him. He was aunt Bridget's only child and was very hardworking.

"Welcome back", said Alfred then poked her nose but didn't hug her because he respects her religion.

Bridget was Khalid's second cousin who reverted to Christianity when she met a British man in London. She has no choice but to sell their house and start again after he passed away.

Islam usually stay in their house ever since she was in college and was treated nicely there and respected her religion.

"Let's go, I'll give you your keys", he said then walked her to his room which smelled like cologne and dirty shoes.

She sat down on the bed and said, "I can't believe you're still thesame".

"And you're".

She looked at a framed picture of them playing hockey then smiled nostalgically.

"So could we play hockey when I'm less busy", she requested because he was her hockey friend.

"No".

"Why not. I thought you love to".