𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

¹︎⁸︎

[season four || episode seventeen]
Because the Night

↓︎

kalon:
(n.) beauty that is more than
skin-deep

↓︎

Sunlight peering in through the window, Madeline was back in the Gilbert home with a neutral expression on her face. She just finished clambering down the stairs and began ransacking the refrigerator. Making her heart drop, she felt someone's presence emerge. She closed the door, met with a familiar face.

Jeremy.

"Run."

"Jer, what are you talking about?" She hadn't realized it was a dream yet, believing she was still in real life — believing that her younger brother was still alive.

"Run, he's going to kill all of you."

"Jer, who? You're not making any sense."

"Silas."

Her body stiffened at the name. Memories of what happened on the island returned, acting as weapons against her heart. She pondered how she could avoid someone when she didn't even know what they looked like. She imagined him to be horrifying and possess piercing eyes that made people tremble in fear.

"I miss you," Madeline whispered.

Jeremy smiled sadly. "I know."

"Stay."

"I can't."

"Please." Desperation laced the redhead's voice, tears swelling up in her eyes. Jeremy's brows furrowed as his face contorted with melancholy.

"I'm sorry," Jeremy said, just as heartbroken. He hated being able to watch his sister grieve his death. He remained incapable of doing anything to ease her pain. "Be careful, Mads. All of you."

Awakening with a confused expression, Madeline groaned, struggling to remember her dream. All she knew was that it was about Jeremy. She hated it slipped out of her memory in an instant, dreading the day when she would forget what his face looked like — what his voice sounded like.

She carefully detached herself from Stefan's arms, planning to make a sneaky getaway to the kitchen. Failing terribly, she smiled as he tightened his grip on her, pulling her back to bed. "Where are you going?"

"Going to see my other boyfriend. He misses me, you know?" she lied. Not believing a word she said, Stefan hummed in amusement, pressing kisses onto her neck.

"You wanted strawberry ice cream, didn't you?" Stefan questioned, already knowing her habits. She had an unhealthy obsession with having ice cream for breakfast. Why? He had no idea.

"I'll bring you some this time. I swear," she whispered. The last time she obtained the delicious dessert, she failed to provide him with his own bowl and spoon. To say he was disappointed was an understatement.

"Okay," he said, his lips finally connecting with hers as he released her.

She smiled deviously as she revealed she had crossed her fingers, indicating that he would get none of her beloved desserts. "More ice cream for me." she taunted, heading out of their room.

"You do that and we're breaking up!" Stefan threatened. He smiled when he heard her groan and mutter profanities under her breath. It's safe to say he got ice cream that morning and had his girlfriend muttering a boatload of threats that made it seem like she was placing a curse on him. In other words, he was content.