𝘰𝘯𝘦

¹

[season four || episode one]
growing pains

↓︎

anagapesis:
(n.) no longer feeling
any affection for someone you
once loved

Flipping the humanity switch appeared to be the most promising decision Madeline had ever made. Well, in her eyes. No longer was she constricted by emotions and fretting about constant peril. Now, she welcomed her chaos, not afraid to witness devastation spread like wildfire. She wondered why she hadn't turned off her emotions from the very start.

Relaxing at the bar, she downed a drink with ease, feeling a pair of eyes on her. She smirked to herself, knowing it was a perverted man's gaze. It didn't matter. He was just her next blood bag to her. Peeking, her chartreuse eyes met his brown ones, feigning interest. After accumulating the confidence to approach her, he sat beside her, admiring how her fingertips grazed the brim of her empty glass.

"I'm Matthew." he introduced with a crooked smile. Incapable of controlling himself, he glanced at her breasts, his ego soaring.

"Lucy." the redhead lied, studying his body language. Yep, he definitely thought she was interested. Poor dude.

"Mind if I buy you a drink?" Matthew questioned, which came off as more of a demand.

Hooking his desire instantly, Madeline brought her mouth close to his ear and whispered, "How about you follow me somewhere more private? We can get to know each other better."

The man didn't need to be asked twice, unknowingly walking to his doom. Outside of the bar, Madeline made sure they were out of sight, their bodies pressed together against a wall. His hands slid around her waist, close to touching her ass. Rejecting his advances, Madeline grabbed onto his wrists tightly. "What are you doing?"

Tilting her head, Madeline chuckled. "Aw, you didn't think I was actually interested in you? You men are all the same. Too busy shoving your head so far up your own ass."

"Listen, bitch ─︎," Matthew scoffed, attempting to pull his arms away. She kept holding on, refusing to let her meal leave.

"Shut up. I can't fucking stand your voice." Madeline compelled him before sinking her fangs into his neck, feeling him struggle against her strength. The metallic flavor infiltrated her mouth, commencing an addiction. She had forgotten how good fresh blood tasted. Now, she never planned on going back.

Pulling her head away, she examined his wound, relishing the tears escaping his eyes. She giggled, wiping them off innocently. "If you could see your face right now... God, it's priceless."

Occupied with inflicting torture, Madeline failed to notice Stefan Salvatore's shocked expression, his eyes taking in the scene. The person he was looking at wasn't his Leine. Madeline was warmhearted and always looked out for people. This version of herself had isolated herself from seemingly useless sentiments, reveling in people's anguish.

"Stop it, Leine," Stefan demanded, pulling the human away from the hybrid. As much as he wanted to punch the man for even looking at the redhead, he needed to set a good example.

"What? Want some for yourself?" Madeline retorted, annoyed that the Salvatore fed the human his blood to heal him.

"Leine, please," Stefan said after compelling the man to forget everything and run away from the establishment. "You need to turn your emotions back on."

"For what? What's waiting for me after I flip the switch?" Madeline scoffed, arms crossed. This was her way of rewriting who she was. "Nothing."

"I'm waiting for you!" Stefan exclaimed, hearing how her tone sounded nothing like before. She was a hollow shell of someone he used to know. "You have so many people waiting for you, willing to help you!"