𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

¹︎³︎

[season four || episode thirteen]
Into the Wild

↓︎

appetence:
(n.) an eager desire, an instinctive inclination;
an attraction or a natural bond

↓︎

Shane was probably the most excited out of the entire group to arrive on the island. His enthusiasm was soaring through the roof at the thought of proving that Silas truly existed. It was like his entire life purpose was to find the so-called myth.

Staying near Stefan as everyone unloaded their gear, Madeline could help but feel creeped out by the island. A pit of consternation formed in her stomach, warning her to leave immediately, but she knew she couldn't. There was no way she was going to leave her friends and family. She listened to the white whispers of the frigid wind and examined the gravel that ornamented the shore. Somewhere in the vast land of wilderness laid Silas, a person whose awakening would trigger the end of the somewhat ordinary world she knew.

The comforting part of this entire expedition was the grey sky hovering above. She wondered what elements of the unfamiliar location were going unnoticed by her wandering eyes. Not knowing the terrain gave her a disadvantage, and she didn't enjoy it.

"You're making that face again," Stefan said, diverting her attention away from the environment.

"What face?" Madeline inquired, brows furrowed. "I have one face."

"You're making the face when you feel like something is going to go wrong," Stefan explained, spotting her unzipped jacket. He yanked his hands out of his pockets and zipped her up, not wanting her to get cold. He even made sure not to get her hair caught in the zipper, aware of how much of a hassle it was to remove it.

Madeline bit the inside of her lip, unsure whether to trust her gut. "I'm not sure what it is, but something doesn't feel right." She felt as if it was staring at her right in the face, taunting. "I think I just don't trust Shane."

"We're going to be fine, Leine," Stefan assured.

"Of course we will," Madeline mumbled, playing around with his daylight ring. "Finding the oldest, craziest person in the world always leads to good things, right?"

"Duh." Stefan joked.

"Stop doing coupley things while I glare at Elena," Rebekah mentioned, not breaking her stare. She made sure it was directed at the brunette, knowing she could sense her disdain. Elena was on her way to Damon, lugging her pack over her shoulder. "It's distracting me."

"Glaring doesn't help, Rebekah." Stefan reminded.

"Actually, I beg to differ. It does wonders for people at school. No one even thinks to approach me." Madeline commented. Stefan gave her a look. "Right. Not helping."

"She's right." Rebekah nodded. "And why should I stop? She killed my brother and tried to get you two to dagger me. She's lucky that all she's getting is the evil eye."

Aggravated, Elena halted and said, "You know I can hear you, right?" She couldn't believe that Rebekah wasn't making an effort to conceal any insults toward her. The thought of going the entire trip with Rebekah's intolerable remarks haunted her.

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah said. Setting her pack down, Elena relied on her impulse and sped toward Rebekah with the white oak stake in her head.

Madeline knew she didn't need to interfere, especially considering Rebekah was a thousand years older than the newly turned vampire. With ease, Rebekah threw Elena to the ground, amused by the petty attempt against her life. "Go ahead. Try and kill me. But then you'd have to face your real problems. Like the fact that Stefan and Mads invited me here themselves."