C.1

C.1 || Prologue

Hazel

In my own opinion, my life started off great. I mean, I basically had every teenage girl's dream life. I had the perfect boyfriend, a ton of friends, and both parents who were always proud of me.

Not to mention having an older brother who always seemed to look out for me.

But of course, every fairytale has its down fall. It just so happened that my down fall was in disguise.

Year 2009

Winter of 2009, my friends and I decided to hang out at my place.
Bad choice number one.

"You wanna hit up Sophia's party tonight?"Adrian asked me.

She was always the party girl out of our small clique. She was bossy, rude, and spoiled to death, but she was my bitch since fifth grade so I kept her ass around.

However, the other girls always agreed with her. No matter what the situation was. So they all looked for me to agree with her too.

Wrong.

I shook my head,"Uh, ion know y'all. Damon's comin' over and-"

"Ugh, enough with the love sick puppy shit Hazel,"She scoffed."You need ta' get outta this house."

"No I don't."I rolled my eyes since I was always fine with stayin' inside.

"Yes you do,"Glenn agreed with her, but I knew better. Of course she was jus' gon' agree. Adrian said it.

I shook my head again, ignoring the hell out of them and texting Damon to see what time he was gon' come over.

"I'm not going, end of discussion."I stated.

"But H,"Adrian started again,"you know Sophia's parties be off the chain. You gotta come through.."

Letting out a small huff I looked from her, to Glenn, & then to Chelsea who was our quiet one. She never said whether she was goin' or not but I knew by the look on her face that Adrian had already gotten to her.

"I said no."I rolled my eyes.

All of a sudden, my mind did a 180.

Goin 2 Sophia party. Come? -Damon

"Ugh."I groaned throwing my head back."Damn."

"What?"Adrian asked being her nosey-self.

"Looks like I'm comin' to the stupid ass party with y'all."

***

After askin' fa' my parents permission, I was able to head to the party with the girls. It was a usual high school party scene. Drinking, sexual touches, and weed–basically all the things teenagers loved to get their hands on. The night was still young fa' us, the music was still goin', and the drinks was still being passed.

11:45pm

Damon disappeared around 11:30, so I decided to go find him. Bad choice number two.