𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝕿𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 & 𝕽𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

Thank you so much for reading 𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖕𝖊 𝕹𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖒!

If you enjoyed the novel, please show your appreciation by VOTING for every chapter. Votes are the only compensation I receive for my efforts. It only takes a few seconds and costs you nothing. Thank you!

Also, I thought this would be a fun opportunity to pass on some trivia about the story, as a few of my very first readers found this interesting:

When I originally began writing this novel in March of 2020, it was a sort of fanfiction for classic literary characters, mainly from Bram Stoker's 1897 novel "Dracula."

Lucy Penn was originally Lucy Westenra from "Dracula." Likewise, her late fiancé Arthur Wilhern was Arthur Holmwood.

The character Victor Wilhern (Arthur's father) served the purpose of a re-imagined Abraham Van Helsing.

Dr. Thomas Reed was a vampire-turned Dr. John Seward.

Dr. Gil Rosencrantz (named for the characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern from Shakespeare's "Hamlet") was Dr. Victor Frankenstein.

Evelyne Ives was a re-vamped (forgive the pun) Morgana le Fay, the enchantress from Arthurian legend.

Jaques Stoker (Dr. Reed's maker) allowed me to pay homage directly to author Bram Stoker. The author brought the novel "Dracula" into being, my character brought the male protagonist into being. And in a subtle way, he is both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

The Nosferatu is a combination of Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, and Osiris, the murdered (and resurrected) king of Egypt. Rather than evil, he represents absolutely purity of purpose, regardless of the outcome.

Well, around the time I reached chapter three, I realized my ideas and these characters were too big and too independent to be restrained by the laws of fanfiction. I did a bit of altering, made all the classic characters into original characters, and the story began to write itself. (Thank goodness I made that decision, too, or Virgil may never have come into being!! And wouldn't that be a travesty? Lol!)

Looking for something else to read?

If you enjoy strong, witty female leads, you may also enjoy my novella "Vengeful Creations." The protagonist, Cristina Castillo, is an author (based on me, only she's cooler) who is thrust into the world of her own incomplete stories, and the very angry characters who reside in her imagination. (Dr. Gil Rosencrantz plays a part, and he's still up to his old tricks!)

If you enjoy vampires and other classic literature/mythical characters, you may like my novella "Chartreuse." Mina Harker (the vampiric female protagonist from "Dracula") is one of the main characters. Therein, you'll also find Dorian Gray, Oliver Twist, the Wicked Witch of the West, and many references to George Orwell's "1984" (my favorite novel).

If you love historical fiction, try my short stories "The Haunting of Elsinore Manor," "Gatsby, the Great and Powerful," or "Jane Error." Or my latest novel "The Countess and the Racketeer," which is currently being posted here to Wattpad! (I'll be releasing two or three chapters every week.)

Again, thank you so much for reading! I appreciate each and every one of you! Until next time!

~ Mar

『▪』『︎』『▪』『︎』『▪』