Visitors

I think I had finally realized why Johnny had asked for the Gone With The Wind book because I was bored out of my mind, well when I wasn't thinking about my death. Imagination and fear mongering can only bring you so much entertainment. Tim Shepard stopped by, he told me about how upset Dally was that he couldn't be in the rumble, he had told me that Curly had wanted to come see me, but he was back in the reformatory for attempting to rob a liquor store.

Darry and Soda stopped by every day after work they would stay for about 3-4 hours then would leave, they never stood for very long. They told me about the rumble, the rumble was set to take place the next night. I was excited but I knew what would happen after the rumble, then that would be it.

The next morning Johnny and Two-Bit stopped by, Johnny brought me a book to read. Though I had felt like shit Two-Bit and Johnny made me laugh a little, but I guess I worked myself up to much and went into a coughing fit. Once that was over, Johnny had left to use the bathroom it was just me and Two-Bit I just laid there and we looked at each other

"It sucks that this is happening to you Pony, you really don't deserve it"

Two-Bit said and gave me a look, but I couldn't quite pin point the emotion, was it contempt? Pity? I wasn't sure. I then remembered what he had told me, that he wished it could be anyone but Johnny.

"Yes, it sucks, but hey, better me than Johnny"

I gave him a grin, hopping he would agree with me, but that's not what I got, I got a look of disapproval mixed with confusion. He looked at me then looked away and said

"No Pony, no it ain't"

I knew he was probably upset about me being in the hospital and wasn't thinking about how Johnny was basically the glue of the gang. So I took it upon myself to remind him

"We'll I disagree, if Johnny were in this bed instead of me, you would have said that you wished it could have been anyone else but Johnny"

I said, I was kind of upset and confused, I guess these injury's make it hard to think rationally, but I don't really use my head anyways.

"That ain't true Pony and you know it, maybe you're just sick, you should get some rest"

Two Bit put his hand to my forehead which I swatted away.

"Two-Bit, can you do me a favor?"

He nodded

"When I die, can you make sure my brothers don't do anything stupid"

He looked taken aback by my request

"No, because You ain't gonna die kid..."

Two-Bit said, he said it with confidence and worry at the same time, heck he probably could have fooled me had I not already knew what was going to happen. I tried to sit up and talk so I could convince him to keep an eye on my brothers but then I felt a sharp pain and everything went peacefully to black.