Chapter: twenty two

Depuis le début

I took it and used my pitchfork and destroyed it. He looked at me shocked, and deeply upset. "There! Oh, don't worry stickler I'll make a new one" I said handing him the ashes of the book. He took them and frowned, "okay.." he said softly, henchman placed a hand on his shoulder.

Paimon turned back into his demon form and started to destroy everything in the room. "Jeez, is he always like this?" Dice asked me, I looked at him and shrugged. "I barely see him but when I do no" I told him as we watched him destroy the whole room.

"Hey! This is my home don't ruin it!" Beleth yelled at him, when he didn't stop, he took out a violin and started to play it. Everyone in the room calmed down, paimon turned back to normal and sat back down. Beleth smiled at everyone then put his violin away.

"There we go" he said looking around at everyone. "Okay, so has this issue been solved?" I asked them, Beelzebub looked at me worriedly. "Uh, look it's fine but uh, that cup" he said pointing at checkers, who just stared blankly into space. "You can't let them stay in hell anymore" he told me, i glared at him.

"Why not?!" I exclaimed angrily, he frowned at me. Asmodeus looked at me sternly, "they are a descendant of the calix animi" "if any angel were to find out you have one of their old warriors down here.." "it could lead to another war" he said I looked at checkers, my eyes widened.

Checkers wasn't completely there, they seemed to be listening though. I frowned but turned back to them sternly. "Yeah, we don't want that" I said seriously. They both nodded, I stood up from my chair. I turned to my friends and nodded. "Let's go" I said back simply as I walked out.

The ars goetia said goodbye to us and we walked out of Beleths home. We walked back to the elevator and we inside. The ride down back to hell was quiet. It was an uncomfortable silence but I didn't feel like breaking it.

When we got back to hell, checkers walked out towards the stairs to leave. "Wait!" I exclaimed running over to them, I looked down at them sadly. "It's okay, you can stay" I said to them but they glared up at me. "I shouldn't, like you said it could cause another war" they said but I shook my head.

"I just said that so then they would be off my back about it!" "They know nothing" I told them, rolling my eyes. Checkers frowned but hugged me, I hugged back. "Come on, kid" I said as I walked them over to the meeting room.

There were multiple imps in the room. Dice stood near the doorway, he smiled when he saw me and checkers walk in. "Hey, that went well" "well, other than when paimon turned into his demon form" he said awkwardly smiling, I nodded. "Yeah.." I said awkwardly as I walked to my seat.

"How did it go?" One imp asked me, I was about to answer but stickler answered first, "better than expected" "though, my book is now gone" he said softly, looking down sadly. I rolled my eyes at him, "yes, it went well" I said proudly. Everyone smiled and some sighed in relief.

"HEY! STICK! YOU DID IT I KNEW YOU COULD!" An imp yelled, it was the one with two front gold teeth. He seemed very happy, and excited. Stickler nodded, "yes, anyways-" he started to say but I interrupted him, "actually I did it, stickler actually almost ruined it!" I yelled at him angrily.

He rolled his eyes at me, I glared angrily at him. The imp smiled a little less but chuckled. "Good job!" He said happily, henchmen glared at him. "You guys both did it!" He said smiling at me and stickler. Me and stickler both glared at each other.

Checkers sat down in between us and looked towards the group of imp. "I'm gonna be staying here from now on, if that's alright" they announced everyone else nodded. I smiled at them, then turned back to the group. "Alright everyone that's all, let's go back to work!" I said standing up and walking out.