Possible Ghoulfriend

Start from the beginning

Draculaura: You just need to relax. Operetta asked you to go with her for a reason.

Cleo: She has a point.

She did. Operetta asked you out for a reason. You needed to stop worrying. You placed your earring on and turned to the group.

Y/N: Well, peanut gallery, I hope you guys have a good date. I, on the other hand, will be on a quest of my own to....

Cleo: Yawn! Just go already.

You narrowed your eyes at her.

Y/N: This is my room.

Still, you were now somehow staring at your door after you were pushed put by everyone. They wanted you to stop worrying and figured the best way to handle it was to just get you to go and get Operetta. You sighed and head off.
------------
You stared at the door and tried to mentally gather yourself. This was just ridiculous. You had faced much worse. This was just a maybe date. And you got it by being cool. So stop being lame!

You took a breath and knocked on the door. You waited for a moment before the door opened but you didn't find Operetta.

Elissabat: Oh, hey, Y/N.

You smiled. You felt slightly relieved that it wasn't Operetta, but you were also now worried that Elissabat may get the wrong idea. Man, this really backfired.

Y/N: Hey. Uh, is Operetta here?

Elissabat: She actually just left to pick something up from Ghoulia. But she should be back shortly. You wanna come inside and wait?

You simply nodded. Elissabat stepped aside and you walked in. Their room was the same size as yours and Deuce's but their design was much less chaotic. It was clear which side was Operetta's and which was Elissabat's.

One side of the room was designed in a kind of rockabilly style. You also spotted Operetta's guitar and few posters of bands you knew. The other side was more Gothic and purple but you also noticed a few movie posters from old films that you enjoyed.

But, something else caught your eye. On Elissabat's bed. Tucked under the blankets.

 Tucked under the blankets

Was.....was that a doll.....of you? Why....why did she have that? How did she have that? Did....did she make that?

You and Elissabat both stared at the doll in silence. Both modified but for different reasons. She didn't mean for you to see it. You slowly turned to her but she refused to look at you. Instead, she reached down and pulled the blanket over the doll to try and hide it.

But it was too late.

Silence continued to hang in the air.

Y/N: So....

Elissabat: It's not what you think.

Y/N: But....

Elissabat: It was for a school project.

Y/N: Which......

Elissabat: Just pretend you didn't see it.

Y/N: But.....

Elissabat: Your Queen demands it.

Y/N: Okay.

Luckily, Operetta returned at the very moment.

Operetta: Well, look at you. And you're on time. Are you ready to....

You just grabbed her hand and walked her out of the room.
-------------
The Catacomb Den was actually a pretty interesting place. It was under what you assumed was a business building and resembled a kind of jazz club. A fact only enforced when the skeleton band played on stage.

You managed to find a table near the stage and you got to look around some more. The lighting was dim but you didn't think it was too dark. There was also an area of the club where it entered a kind of cave, really enforcing the Catacombs vibe. After ordering some drinks, you were able to get this maybe date started.

Y/N: This place is pretty chilling.

Operetta: It is. And these acoustics are incredible.

She began to snap along to the music with a smile. You weren't an expert in music, but you did know a bit. You had picked up the guitar more than once. Still, you had nothing on Operetta.

But, you still had something on your mind. The whole maybe date thing. You wanted to ask her if this was a real date, but you didn't know how to.

Operetta: You got something on your mind. Talk to me.

Welp. There you go.

You hesitated for a moment before speaking your mind.

Y/N: Is this a date?

Operetta smiled. She then leaned forward as she locked eyes with you. You then watched she her eyes traveled down to your lips.

Operetta: I wouldn't be against it.

You smiled.

Y/N: Well, neither would I.

The music was good, the drinks were delicious, and the company was to die for. What more could you ask for?

Operetta: Say, how are you adjusting to the whole new monster thing?

You gave a shrug.

Y/N: I don't feel one way or another. It's just another day.

Operetta laughed.

Operetta: You really are something else.

Y/N: Why be boring when you can be freaky?

Operetta: And Freaky is Fabulous.

That it was.

Y/N: By the way, uh, did you know that Elissabat has a doll of me?

Operetta: She said I'm not allowed to talk about it.

Welp.

Y/N: Fair enough.
----------
You and Operetta walked back to Monster High while the moon hung high. You both had a good time, but all good things must come to an end. You walked her to the dorms and to her room where you found yourself unsure about what to do.

When you went in a date with Cupid it was pretty cut and dry. But now?

Operetta: I had a good time tonight.

You smiled.

Y/N: Yeah, me too. Definitely the best "thank you" I ever got.

Operetta: Really, now? I think I can top it, still.

You tilted your head confused, which gave Operetta a perfect opening. Your eyes grew wide when you found your lips suddenly against hers. Once you realized she was kissing you, you closed your eyes and embraced it.

The kiss wasn't very long, but you couldn't say it wasn't great. Operetta pulled away and placed a finger on your lips.

Operetta: You ought to get going before this goes any further.

You smiled.

Y/N: What if I don't?

Operetta narrowed her eyes before she tapped your nose.

Operetta: Goodnight, Y/N.

Y/N: Yeah. Goodnight.

You watched as she entered her room. She spared you one last look before the door closed. You took a few steps back, then cheered to yourself. You immediately turned and started down the hall, unaware that Ghoulia had just watched the whole thing after having returned from the common room to get coffee for a late night assignment.

She nodded in approval and shuffled back to her room.

She was very much an Operetta x Y/N shipper.