chapter 16

Arashi rolled on the ground in pain, fire and ice shooting through his veins in equal measure. The opposing pains gave him a specific sort of agony as he let out a blood curdling scream.

He flipped onto his stomach and slammed his fists into the ground, ice spikes rising around him from his bucking chakra.

Finally, it cooled inside him, meeting in the middle again and he let out a shaky breath.

It's done, I couldn't copy it perfectly, but I was able to give you a powerful water and ice affinity to go with your already powerful wind and fire.

Arashi forced himself up and picked up the case he kept Hanabi's eye, "Soon, I'll have you too."

With a sight he put it back in its hiding spot, "You know fox, I been thinking."

Did you hurt yourself?

Arashi mentally flipped off the fox, "Anyway... is there a limit to how many bloodlines I can steal this way?"

No. As long as they are compatible enough to not cause your body to overload you can take on many powers. Even if it isnt compatible, I may be able to tweak it enough to give you some of it.

He grinned in response, "Good. I want to be a god."

______________

Metal screamed as Naruto and Emiya clashed with superhuman speed and strength.

Emiya had followed Naruto out his gate so now he was in Wave, Asuma was weary but couldn't tell him to leave, injured as he was. Shisui was intrigued, only ever having heard legends of the Crimson Vault.

Sasuke and Sakura were both watching with open mouths, shock highlighting their features.

Hinata spared against Shisui, since he knew a thing or two about using a staff.

Naruto brought his sword down as hard as he could, Steel thrusting through him, he intermittently spiked it with some of his strikes to try and catch the redhead off guard, but Emiya was steady strength, like a mountain.

Their speed was so great that the sparks from their very first clash had still yet to touch the ground and they had been attacking and deflecting in concert for several moments to them, to every other genin the exchange lasted a little over four seconds and had moved all over the training field.

Asuma wanted a cigarette and to clap, but he only had the one hand.

He chose the cigarette.

Naruto and Emiya weren't done though, Emiya called a shining silver hammer and swung at Naruto, who channeled the power of the horn and met the hammer.

The chakra in the hammer was expelled and it's abilities failed to trigger.

"You've certainly gotten stronger since our last spar, brat. Unfortunately, I'm still holding back." Naruto was about to call him a liar when he felt the presence of Steel and Essence in Emiya explode inside the man. His muscles bulged and energy actually crackled down his limbs for an instant, he batted Naruto's sword away and then brought a foot up and extended it. His boot hit Naruto's chest and sent him flying backwards, instead of letting him slam into a tree or something though, Emiya caught him by the wrist.

The force of the sudden stop dislocated his shoulder but other than that he was fine. He dropped to one knee and panted, "How long before I can actually win?"

"If I never got stronger, and you kept on your current path, I don't know, maybe a couple years?" Emiya laughed, then pulled Naruto up to his feet with a yank that reset his shoulder.

Naruto yanked his arm away and rubbed at his now sore shoulder. "I think I'm ready to take on another room."

"Sure, we can speed you through three or four of em, then I want you using your abilities around the clock. Make each one second Nature"

Emiya looked over at Asuma. "Time in there is far faster than time out here. How many days before you leave for konoha?"

"Nearly two."

Emiya nodded, "I'll have him out tomorrow," he looked at Naruto, "we're going in for twelve days. Out here only ten hours will have passed, well... ten and some change, the math is weird."

He slashed the air, opening a black and red glowing slash in the air. "Get in the pocket dimension."

_____________________

Jai strolled through the Vault, it took a while to actually walk where he wanted, but the farther in the room was, the more powerful the reward.

Unfortunately, the further rooms were also far harder.

He shoved open a door to find an expanse of water with a black hammer sitting on the water, unsinking. The hammer had a heavy look and was meant to be swung with one hand, but he knew the boss of this room was no simple homunculus. In these watery depths waited Jormangandr, the largest snake in all of reality. The thing was impossibly strong, faster than it should be, able to spit both poison and magma, had nigh impenetrable scales, and a healing factor. He'd never been able to claim this hammer before, but it was more powerful than a single weapon should have any right to be and he wanted it... he just had to kill the godkiller.

>>>>>______________

Before anyone asks, I did say that the Vault would have aspects of several pantheon lol

Steel of Herakles- Strength and durability

Essence of Hermes- Speed

Advisor- chatty precognition

Spear of Zeus- indestructible spear imbued with a lightning storm, when thrown it amplifies the force of the throw several dozen times

Horn of Heimdallr- when blown it disrupts chakra in a certain proximity of the user, when the sound is channeled through a blade it has the ability to cut ninjutsu

Advisor- mouthy little shit that warns Naruto

Bauldr Armor- for three seconds a day, the user can create an impenetrable shield over their skin.

Nyx eye- allows the user to perceive Chakra, affinity, and emotional state

Bow of Herakles- fires super fast arrows made of a mixture of force and Elemental type chakra