chapter 10

Team Asuma finally arrived at team Shisui's camp for rendezvous.

"You guys didnt exactly get here fast." Arashi called out from his place lying on a tree branch.

Asuma spoke up, "Well we had a run in with missing ninja on the way here."

"No kidding? Us too. Demon brothers, they were like chunin so it ain't like they were very powerful." Shisui appeared in front of the group.

Asuma grinned widely. "Well I gotta brag a little. My team and I chased off Zabuza Momochi, a rogue ninja I didnt recognize, and Naruto stole Zabuza's sword."

Shisui whistled, "How in Kami's name did he manage that?"

"Zabuza threw it at us, and Naruto caught it."

Tazuna inched closer to the blonde while the two jonin spoke. "Kid, you look a bit like that crazy one over there. Yall related?"

Naruto cocked an eyebrow, "Crazy?"

He nodded vehemently, "Dont know why, but I went to take a piss today and overheard him in the woods talking to himself and giving off terrifying feelings."

Naruto nodded. He knew about the fox and supposed his mother had been able to talk to the fox, so why not Arashi? "Yeah, I think that has to do with a village secret. You okay?"

Tazuna nodded slightly, "Between that kids marbles being spilled and the other two sneaking off to play tonsil hockey I feel like I'm watching the sensei run a mental ward and school at the same time... then again, I'm not sure those things are that different." He chuckled and walked off.

Naruto shrugged and pulled s black bead off his bracelet, watching as the string reattached itself just as quickly as it had broken. "Cool..." he looked over at his teammates. "Hinata."

She looked at him as he held up the bead. "Y-yes?" Sometimes talking to the blonde still made her nervous.

"Do you want an opportunity for a powerup?" Naruto asked.

Hinata paused, "What do you mean?"

"Come on, I'll tell you everything." He replied as he grabbed her arm with his free hand and started walking away.

______ten minutes later________

"So you have all those abilities because you go into a dangerous place and earn them?" Hinata asked, eyeing the bead in Naruto's hand warily.

He grinned, "More or less. I figured since you dont really focus on ninjutsu, it might be really cool if you could do some of the same things I could."

She nodded and thought for a moment. In all honesty, she trusted Naruto. So there was really no reason not to take the gift.

She held up her hand and he pressed the bead into her palm. She gasped as a black chain link tattoo appeared on the back of her hand. "What is-," then she vanished into the Vault.

"Wonder why it gave her that mark?" Naruto asked himself.

Then Arashi stepped out of the bushes, an indignant look on his face. "You're able to share access to that power, and you give it to her? What about me? I'm your brother!"

His fists shook with rage at the idea of more people having the abilities Naruto had.

"Sorry, I didnt even consider you." Naruto replied, instantly on guard. "Honestly, you have dad teaching you and the power of the ninetails, why would you want it?"

Arashi growled, his power coiling like a tense spring. "Because I dont have it."

Then Arashi moved, surging forward and throwing a punch.