Mrs. Magnussen

*Kevin*

I had to admit that I was pretty nervous.

I straightened the fly for what felt like the hundredth time now and looked at my wristwatch again. Slowly but surely I was worried that maybe Luisa had gotten cold feet after all and had run off.

Maybe she had changed her mind after all.

My heart began to beat a little faster in panic. Dad nudged me in the side with his elbow "She'll be here," he assured me.

I just hadn't been able to get married completely without our families. Not just for my sake. Because even though Luisa had told me she wouldn't have cared, I knew she would eventually see it differently. Someday when she looked back she would remember that moment and then she would surely be sad that her family hadn't been there. She would regret it.

Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday.

And I didn't want her to regret our wedding.

I wanted to make her happy with this.

"I'm really starting to worry," I whispered back.

But just at that moment, the door opened. The little man at the keyboard started playing. Mick came in first with Vic on his arm. I had invited her family, too, of course. Mainly because of her siblings and Vic and Max, because I knew what they meant to Luisa. The fact that her parents had also come along had been a nice addition that I admittedly hadn't necessarily counted on.

Behind Mick and Vic came Gina and Kelly, who had hooked up with each other and were striding down the aisle.

Then the man started playing the bridal march and I finally saw my Luisa in her beautiful wedding dress.

She had chosen it on her own and I had to say that she looked just adorable in it. I couldn't help it that tears immediately welled up in my eyes.

Max led her, with proudly swollen chest, to me.

I knew how close they were and I knew that it meant a lot to both him and her that he was the one walking her down the aisle.

When they finally got to me, I took a step forward. Max smiled and handed me her hand "Now she's your problem." he winked "Take good care of her. She deserves this.". He smiled, then pulled back while Luisa immediately started running her fingers through my palms.

"Kev, I remember." she whispered and I could see tears running down her face.

"What?", I asked, feeling my heart do a powerful leap as the phrase really hit home in my head.

"I can remember. Everything. You, us.", she squeezed my hands even tighter as I pulled her to me.

I couldn't hold back the tears at all now.

I had always known. I had known that if I held on, it would be worth it, worth fighting for.

I had hoped so much that her memories would come back.

Not for my sake. I had been willing to create a thousand new memories with her and tell her about all the old memories. But I had hoped it for her sake.

The early days in particular had been incredibly difficult for her. She had felt so left out, so lost. I had hoped for her that she would eventually be able to remember.

"That's wonderful.", I swallowed and looked into her warm eyes "Then you don't have to marry me now to know where you belong."

"No. I know that too." she said, intertwining our hands together "I belong with you. With memories or without. I belong with you.".