003. merry christmas

chapter three merry christmas

chapter three
merry christmas

One week later, Madelyn woke up to Nick jumping on top of her at god knows what time in the morning

One week later, Madelyn woke up to Nick jumping on top of her at god knows what time in the morning. The girl groaned at the weight, trying to push him off of her. It was Christmas Day and the two had been up until about 3am watching Christmas movies the night before.

"Nick, baby, please get off of me." Madelyn grumbled.

"But it's Christmas honey." Nick replied, sliding off of her and standing on the edge of the bed.

"Merry Christmas." Madelyn told him, sitting up.

"Merry Christmas." Nick replied with a smile before harshly yanking the covers off of her body. "Now get up."

"Nick!" Madely exclaimed as the boy practically skipped out of the room.

Nicholas St James loved Christmas, more than any eighteen year old probably should. It was the only day of the year a person would ever see Nick being cheery instead of his usual grumpy attitude. Nick loved Christmas because it was the only day he could appreciate the people he cared about without it being weird – because according to society it was strange for men to buy their friends gifts – it was also the one day a year that Nick would have a full twenty minute conversation with his parents without them shouting or lecturing him.

Madelyn sighed, getting out of the bed and simply throwing the covers back on the bed. She was a firm believer in the 'why should I make my bed if I'm just going to sleep in it again later'. The girl made her way downstairs and into the living room where Nick was already inspecting the presents under the decorated tree.

"Nick, we're not opening presents before breakfast." Madelyn told him.

"I know, you have a stupid rule." Nick sighed.

"It's not a stupid rule, okay? It's not my fault my mum was on tv for breakfast and my dad refused to do anything until he had watched her segment." Madelyn stated.

"Yeah yeah I know." Nick nodded. Madelyn opened her mouth to speak when someone knocked on the front door. "Expecting anyone?"

"Nope." Madelyn shook her head. "And it can't be your parents they would have a key."