006. don't fuck with the original

chapter six don't fuck with the original

chapter six
don't fuck with the original

Nick and Madelyn arrived at Amber's house after about ten minutes

Nick and Madelyn arrived at Amber's house after about ten minutes. They hopped out of the car and made their way inside and through the crowds of people.

"Oh my god, Maddie. Mindy told me what happened." Amber pushed through the crowd, hugging the girl tightly. "Are you all right?"

"I'm good." Madelyn nodded. "I need a drink."

"You know where the kitchen is." Amber smiled at her. Madelyn grabbed Nick's hand, pulling him towards the kitchen, where she poured herself and Nick a shot.

"Shot for the nerves?" She handed it to him.

"What?"

"It's something me and my dad did, he poured me a shot before I went anywhere to ease the nerves because he wished he had someone to give him a shot before he went anywhere." Madelyn explained. Nick nodded, clicking their glasses together before they took the shot. Madelyn looked at the blue 'for wes' banner that had put up. She smiled at it weakly.

"Hey everyone. Thanks for coming, but the party's over!" Madelyn and Nick heard Amber's voice shout, receiving protests in return. "Time to go!"

"Hey, hey, hey! Hello!" Richie shouted loudly, turning all the lights on. Madelyn and Nick made their way to stand in the hallway. "Can we cut the music, please? Uh, hi... Gen Z. How are you? Um... Both Sam and Tara here have been attacked by the killer twice, and Madelyn over there once. And now they're all here, which makes this place a huge murder target, so... if I were you, I would probably leave."

The crowd booed and someone threw something at Richie. "Okay, I tried to be nice. Get the fuck out! Please, get the fuck out! Sincerely, get the fuck out. Thank you. Thank you all. I'm saving your life. I promise. Thanks, teens. Thank you so much. Thank you for leaving the cup."

The entire crowd left and Sam followed Tara and Amber. Madelyn and Nick stayed stood in the hallway, watching as Richie walked into the kitchen before they went into a different part of the house.