4. solo cup

"you look so good, juju

"you look so good, juju. that skirt is so cute on you," mari said as she watched juhee get out of her car, her jaw dropping.

"oh my gosh, stop it. everyone's gonna be staring at you when we get in there because of how good you look," juhee told mari, admiring her red hair and eye catching features.

mari squealed, twirling around to show her outfit. the girls giggled, walking together to the sorority house.

the boys were waiting in front of the large white house and waved at them from afar. it seems that they decided to do an outfit change just like the girls, seeing as both jiung and intak had on different clothes now.

"hey! i'm so glad you guys came. here, follow me inside," intak greeted them, showing them to the front door.

intak ended up walking with mari, while jiung stayed by juhee as they entered the house.

"you look really nice tonight," jiung told her but avoided looking in her direction.

she felt her cheeks become hot but managed to say a "thank you" in response. "so do you."

he smiled, then took her hand and led her through the sea of people to the backyard where a large pool glowed hues of blues and whites. a group sat near the pool talking but looked over when jiung called out to them.

another red-haired girl and three boys stood up to meet them, one of them weirdly dancing to the rap music that was playing. with a closer look, juhee realized it was the blond boy on the picture of the party invite. juhee recognized jongseob from afar and waved to him.

they brought over the two girls to the group and introduced them to their friends. haeun motioned for juhee and mari to sit with them by the pool, and they all crowded around in a circle, all facing each other now. the large group of eight talked loudly together, joking around and ramping up the energy for the party. mari and juhee immediately felt comfortable around them, and she realized how it felt nice to be surrounded by so many people.

"here, juhee. try this drink, it's so good," taeyang offered, holding up a red solo cup to her.

she smiled but politely declined. "sorry, i don't drink." just as she said that, she spotted mari who was sipping her own cup. intak sat next to her and whispered "chug" repeatedly at her. taeyang kindly nodded, already putting the drink back down. suddenly, her mind changed, so she took it from his hands and gulped it down.

the group shrieked in excitement and hyped up juhee.

"that was gross, taeyang. what the hell was that?" she asked, then threw the empty cup at him. the group laughed at her while haeun poured her another drink.

"haeun, i think that's a little too much. don't you think so, juhee?" mari spoke.

"pour some more, haeun," she demanded, smiling, ignoring her friend.