she's rude the first time you meet (requested)

You had your headphones in as you walked through the mall.

You're enjoying your day off by getting some shopping done, something you've been wanting to do for some time now.

You saw a crowd of people following behind someone nearby.

The screams were so loud you could hear them over your music blasting through your headphones.

But you didn't think much of it as you walked into the shop, unaware that the stranger was following behind you as they politely tried to get on with their day, away from the crowd.

As you stepped into the store, you looked around at all the clothes on display and across the shop, you saw a shirt that you quickly fell in love with.

It was your favorite color and it was beautifully designed and you just had to have it.

You made your way across the room, only for the stranger that everyone had been fawning over to step in front of you and reach for the shirt beside the one you wanted.

Taking your headphones out, you slipped them into your pocket before you cleared your throat to catch the stranger's attention.

"Excuse me? Can you-"

"Oh, god, can't you just leave me alone?" She grumbled. "I don't want to sign anything or take a picture with you. I want to shop and enjoy my day off! So don't bother me, don't annoy me, and just go away!"

You were stunned by the rudeness of the stranger.

"Uh... okay? I wasn't asking you for any of that. You can enjoy your day off all you want. I just wanted that shirt. I was wondering if you'd hand it to me. But never mind."

The girl looked at you and then at the shirt on the display rack.

You shook your head with a disappointed sigh and reached for the shirt.

"You're serious? You didn't expect anything from me?"

"No. Should I?"

"Well, it's just... you don't recognize me?"

"No." You said, furrowing your brows. "Look, I'm sorry if people are following you around or asking you for things. It must be tiring. But you don't have to be so rude. That was uncalled for."

You checked the size of the shirt to make sure it fits before you made your way to the register.

You pulled out your wallet after the cashier rang up the shirt and told you your total.

But as you went to hand the money over, someone else did it for you with their own cash.

"You don't have to do that." You said as you turned around to find the stranger standing in front of you.

"I do. Just consider it an apology." She spoke.

"Thanks." You said as you grabbed your bag.

"Please don't go." The stranger said as they hurried over to you before you could walk out the door. "I'm Rosie and I'm so very sorry for being so rude to you back there. You did not deserve it whatsoever."

"Thank you for apologizing, Rosie. I forgive you."

She smiled at you before staring at you in confusion.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm just not used to not being recognized when I'm out. It's refreshing."

"What do you do to get recognized?"

"I'll explain that over lunch, if you'll eat with me."

"Okay." You smiled.

"What's your name, by the way?"

"Y/N."

"That's a gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl." She grinned.

And even though it was cheesy, it still made you smile.

There was something about her saying it that made your heart flutter.

Usually, a line like that would make you roll your eyes.

But with Rosie, it was different.

"Order whatever you'd like. It's on me."

"I can pay for my own." You chuckled.

"Please, let me. I still feel bad and want to make sure you know how sorry I am. I'm not usually like that; rude. I've just been followed all day and this is my day off. I was frustrated. But I feel bad and I like you and I want to make it all up to you."

"Okay, Rosie. I'd like that." You smiled and she swore that her heart might beat right out of her chest at the sight.

She had to get to know you better.

And she was determined to make you hers soon.