Chapter Twenty-Nine

Começar do início

Fear washed over me as every hair on my body collectively stood. Her voice had sounded much too far away for those footsteps to have been hers.

*****TRIGGER WARNING****** The next scene contains attempted sexual assault. Keep scrolling until you see ******SAFE TO READ****** if you'd like to avoid reading it.

Just before I could yell back to Sheera, I heard another crunch off to my right that made me finish relieving myself much sooner than I had anticipated.

Quickly, I stepped away from the now wet leaves and let go of the skirt of my dress. Cautiously, I looked around, trying to get my bearings so that I could make a break for it, back to the carriage, when a hand came over my mouth.

"Good, y'er already wet." A gruff male voice laughed.

A muffled squeal left my lips as the smell of earth and unwashed skin entered my nose.

The man let out a grunt as he punched me in the ribs. "Keep ye pretty little mouth shut." His disgusting, hot breath rolled down my neck as he leaned in to speak directly into my ear, "I'd hate to have to kill something that smells so sweet before I've had my fill of it."

I knew exactly what he had meant, and it only terrified me more. Without hesitation I bit down on his foul hand, which caused him to yelp as he snatched it from my mouth. I quickly turned and shoved him as hard as I could before I ran off in the direction of Sheera.

He couldn't have been alone, and by the small glimpse that I had gotten of him, he was armed well enough to take on the few guards who had stopped with us.

I was too scared to yell for her, worried that he would follow the sound of my voice and catch me faster, that was if he had not already been on my tail. I ran harder, trying to get to her as soon as possible, when I felt something grab me by the hair, that had been piled up on my head in braids, and stanch me onto the ground with force.

"No!" I screamed, "Sheera run! There are bandits out here with-" his filthy hand slammed onto my mouth before I could finish.

"I told you to shut the fuck up, girl!" He climbed on top of me, pushing all of his weight onto my lower half.

The smell of his rank body odor caused a bit of vomit to find its way up the back of my throat, searing my nostrils and making me tear up.

"Oh, ye gonna cry?" He smiled, only to reveal his garishly yellow teeth, well what teeth he still had. "I love it when the pretty one's cry."

His muck-filled black hair was tied up behind his large head, and his face was covered in scars. He wasn't nearly as tall as Henry or Thomas, but he was hefty enough to cause my legs to go numb from the weight of him sitting on me.

I slapped and clawed at him, trying my best to wound one of his eyes. Hoping it would make him shift his weight just enough I could squirm out from underneath him. But nothing seemed to faze him. With the slightest amount of effort, he used his free hand to shove both of my arms down above my head, pinning me.

His face had now been inches from mine, breathing his nauseating breath directly in my nose. "I'm gonna have me fill of ye while me buddies have fun with the other girls ye been traveling with."

I watched as he quickly removed his other hand from my mouth, and just before I could scream out again, he shoved something horrid tasting in it, making me gag. It was a dirty piece of cloth that only the Gods knew what he had done with prior. As soon as I went to spit it out into his face, the feeling of cool metal touching my left breast froze me in place.