Captain x reader

@kevinburger123 this is for you.

————————————-

You sit at the usual spot where you and Captain meet up after they come back from work. Drumming your fingers against the table, you sigh. "What's taking so long?..."

Suddenly you felt two arms wrap around your neck and someone blowing into your ear. "AGH! What the-?!" You pushed them off and threw a punch at them, only for your fist to be caught. You opened your eyes slowly and saw that it was Captain. "Hey (Y/N)..." You sigh heavily and held yourself against your knees "Don't scare me like that! I coulda hurt you! Agh, But no matter, are you ready to go?"

They nodded with a simple "Hm..." and reached for your hand, intertwining your fingers together.
As you walked you both made your usual chats, you mostly carrying the conversation while Captain listened. They've never been one for talking with anyone anyway, and besides, they liked listening to you talk.

"Wait where are we?" You looked around and suddenly realized you were at the beach. "Oh! We're- " "The beach." Captain interrupted you and pulled you to a more empty spot. There was barely anybody, only a few inklings, octolings, and some other few species sitting and chatting.
And the species that could be in the water were having a little dip.

They found a secluded area and the both of you sat down on the sand and watched the waves crash to the shore. "Why'd you bring me here?" Captain stayed quiet and pointed ahead. When you looked in the direction they pointed, you smiled warmly.

A bright pink and yellow painted the sky. Soft light pink clouds drifted through and fro. The water reflecting the colorful sky. And a shiny orange ball sinking lower and lower into the horizon. Overall, the whole thing had a very vibrant and cozy atmosphere. You felt Captain's arm wrap around your shoulders as they leaned their head against you, enjoying each other's company.

...

"Let's go back home." You said after a while of sightseeing. It was getting dark. You stood up, brushed yourself so the sand on you would come off, and reached your hand out for Captain to grab. They grasped it and did the same thing you did when you stood up.

You looked down as the sand slowly turned to gravel and looked back at the beach. The bright pink sky was replaced with a dark blue sky, little white dots glittering across sky. The pale moon took place off the sun, reflecting against murky water.

Captain squeezed your hand to grab your attention, pulling you closer in the process. "Thank you... for bringing me there. It was really nice." You saw Captain's cheeks turn a light dusty pink. They pulled their hat down their face, as the usual stoic expression they had turned flustered.

"Mhmm." They gained their composure and kept looking forward blankly. You chuckle and hold their waist, slightly shaking them. "I love you." You said softly.

Captain just looked down while smirking with their eyes closed. "Thanks...I love you to.

————————-

Man this story is sappy! But I hope you liked it at least.