Captain x reader

(Captain will be using They/Them pronouns if you prefer female or male captain)

—————————————

You haven't seen your partner Captain in a while. They were always patrolling around the city to keep danger away from it or discussing matters with the Squid sisters. It was getting a bit on your nerves when they would come back from work just to eat and sleep. I mean, sure they were working a 9-5 job so you couldn't really get mad at them for doing what they needed to do, but Cod did It bother you.

Hearing the door open and already knew who it was. Sighing, you got up to go and meet with your lover. They see you coming up to them and gave you a hug. After pulling from their embrace you gave them a peck on the cheek. " hey honey how was your day?" They just looked at you with tired eyes and sighed. " same as usual" they muttered , they never really spoke much and if they it was never higher than a whisper.

"Wanna eat dinner?" They just nodded. As you both grabbed your plates sitting down, you ate your food. Thinking about your thoughts from before you decided to tell them " Captain there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while." They looked up from their plate. " I think you're spending too much time at you job" you paused looking into their eyes. "and I know it's what you need to do not just for us but everyonebutitsjustthatyounevertalktomeanymorean-"

Your words started gaining speed until Captain interrupted you. "___!"they shouted catching your attention.they got up from their seat and hugged you tightly. " I know what you're trying to say I think I need a break to. Everyday feels like we're growing apart and I don't want that to happen."they pulled away gripping your hands. " I'm gonna see about asking Callie and Marie about having a break. Sounds good?" You stood there , stunned.you didn't know what to say. Captain just giggles and kissed your cheek. " let's go rest I think we both need it." They said leading you your shared bedroom.

As you both changed into your sleepwear, you laid in bed looking at each other. They noticed your expression and held your cheek while asking " what's wrong?" You just looked at them and pulled a gentle smile on your face " I just thought you would be upset at me for asking you that" you said with a mix of worry and relief "well I was already planning on telling you but I guess you beat me to it." You just chuckled while grabbing their hand and kissing their knuckles.

After that, you two just talked about random topics and fell asleep in each others arms.

"You think Pearl and Marina are dating?"

"Yeah I mean they're just so HOOKed on each other!"

"..."

"Go to sleep" " ok"

———————————
This felt a little out of character for Captain but besides that I think I did good.