Prologue

PLEASE VOTE! IT'S FREE :)

💙💙💙

𝕬 𝖙𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖉, 𝖉𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 man sat in his jailcell with a newspaper. The dementors swooped past left and right in high security. Soon, he knew, they would open the cell to give him his food, and then- he would escape.

But that wouldn't be for another twenty minutes and for now, he must review his plan. It was a simple plan. There were a lot of holes in it. It had to be done.

He glanced over at the newspaper again. The front page had a family waving. On the youngest boy's shoulder was a rat- a rat that he knew well. Peter Pettigrew.

Peter had been one of his friends at Hogwarts. He wasn't Sirius' closest friend, not be far. In fact, Peter had killed his best friend. But really, if Sirius could be bold enough to think about it- it was really his own fault that James was dead. He should never have let James and Lily change secret-keepers. It was such a stupid move on his part. He'd thought it clever, it should've been clever, but that damn rat!

So, Sirius would escape Azkaban and go to Hogwarts. The boy would be there, the newspaper said so. Then, he would grab the boy's rat and kill it. Kill Peter. Easy said, harder done.

Sirius tossed the newspaper aside and stood up. He wondered about Harry and Elizabeth Potter. He supposed that he would see both of them at Hogwarts. Neither of them would remember him of course, they'd been to young when he'd been put in jail. And they'd only seen him a handful of times from when they were born to when their parents had died.

The last time he'd seen Harry, the boy had been asleep in Hagrid's arms. The last time he'd seen Elizabeth, she was staring after him with keen eyes, sitting on the front step of Lupin's house, watching him as he'd backed away and disapparated. He wondered if maybe she would remember him, as she seemed so much brighter for her age. But intelligence and memories weren't connected and he shouldn't get his hopes up.

He could picture the both of them so clearly, like their faces had been burned into his eyelids. Harry, with his black, unkempt hair, bright green eyes, and cheerful, bubbly persona. He was so much like James, though gifted with Lily's eyes. 

Elizabeth with her long brown hair that was only a tint of red in the sun. Deep brown eyes that held intelligence in them. Actually, in more ways than one, she reminded him more of Remus than James or Lily. She was usually very serious, but she was easy to keep laughing once you got her laughing. 

He sighed, closing his eyes again to keep them in his head.

He certainly couldn't risk revealing himself to them. No one knew his secret though, so no one would know who he was. Well, except for Peter and Remus. But would Remus say anything? That was the question. Would years of friendship mean anything to Remus. . . but of course, Remus would think he killed James and really. . . James had been Remus first friend.

He supposed it wouldn't do any harm, perhaps they would think him a creature from the forbidden forest. And no one went into the Forbidden forest anyway, unless they were troublemakers like he and James had been. He wasn't entirely sure if Harry and Elizabeth were troublemakers. Probably not.

Then what? He thought. What would he do after he killed Peter? What could he do? Run, of course, but he didn't want to run forever.

He could go south, away from the dementors. Leave country. Italy maybe. He'd always wanted to go to Italy.

He didn't have anymore time to ponder the question. The dementors were approaching. He could feel their icy approach, making him feel colder than he already was. He quickly turned into his dog form. He had approximately five and a half seconds to do this or else wait again till tomorrow. That is unless the dementors figured out he'd attempted to escape and his security was upped. That would be a disaster.

The dementor opened the door and he slipped past. He could hardly believe his luck and yet, he didn't stop running down the stone steps or stop swimming until he was back on the mainland. He couldn't stop and rest there yet either. He most definitely couldn't apparate, he had no wand to do so.

Still in dog form, he found a train about to depart, and curled up behind some boxes. Too anxious to sleep, he watched the back of the box as the train moved. It stayed moving for a long time and he finally jumped out on his own and made his way through the countryside. He finally came upon a village.

He finally relaxed as the muggles in town- any that were waking up for the early morning was was- walked straight past him without notice. He was free. Sure, they would start looking for him, but he was truly free. No one would know who he was. No one would be able to figure out where he was or what he was doing. 

He hoped anyways. 

He'd have to find his way to London soon. He had a rough idea where Harry was staying and he knew where Elizabeth would be staying. He could see both of them. See, not talk to, just see. He wanted to see how they had grown up, the teenagers they had become. Were they like he imaged?  

He imagined Harry as a good looking young boy, like James. Well fed and strong. Probably a bit on the lean side. Definitely a seeker. Might even be wearing glasses like James. He had heard about the lightning scar. His hair would probably be messy like his fathers. It would probably cover it. 

Elizabeth had probably grown her hair out to be long and beautiful. She might have glasses too. Growing up with Remus would probably make her a brainiac. He could almost imagine her walking along the sidewalk into town, reading a book, paying no attention to where she was walking. Would she be tall like James? Or a bit on the shorter side like Lily? How serious would she be? Would she have a sense of humor or would she be more stoic like Remus? 

So many question, so many things he wanted to know about his Goddaughter and Godson. But first, he would have to see them. And so, grabbing a chicken leg from the trash, he set off in the direction his senses told him to go. 

Elizabeth Kane and the Prisoner of Azkabanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें