Chapter 3: Cold Memory of a Woman

Aleixo had thought about her capabilities all night, hardly getting any sleep—her abilities, not her.

What could Aleixo have done to her? Perhaps he could make her his assassin? Nevertheless, he had noted the manner in which she had examined her hands last night when discussing her daggers; it very well could have been painful for her to throw knives; the thought of the destruction and bloodshed she potentially caused had been a torment to her. Aleixo, being the cold, vicious, crook he is, relished the idea of making her become something that in her eyes, rendered evil.

He smiled ferociously at himself in the mirror. He would make her an assassin, but from time to time, he'd make her gather information in places he couldn't be. He can do with her as he pleases. She had made known that she will fulfill all the duties he requests of her, as long as she was permitted to leave and return freely without any hindrance. Her words were not as precise as she intended and the cost of that would be to make her the deadliest weapon Oros has ever seen in the three months that he'd had her.

If he displayed Keris in the streets of Oros first, he would face another threat. Similar to himself, Edward kept track of everyone. If he knew of Keris and her abilities, he would pay more attention to Aleixo, which he did not want—yet. So, he decided to see how deep her skills truly go. He decided that in tonight he'd gather his crew; The Phantoms. The day he'd ask four other individuals to help him take down Edward Cutler.

You see, Aleixo did not want to kill Edward. As much as he relished in the thought of Edward begging for mercy and dying at his hand, seeing the blood pool from his body, he wanted him to suffer. A prick like him should remember what it's like being at the bottom. 

Though, this was not hatred in Aleixo's eyes, for Aleixo would have done far worse if it were. Instead, Aleixo desired to plunge Edward back into the depths of suffering. He wanted to put him into a hell similar to that of the skid and keep him there. He never wanted him to recover—to rise to the top again. He wanted him to know, what it had felt like to be stepped on, spat on, and called a worthless scum. A whore. To be beaten by men. To find a woman who he thought loved him, and then for her to deceive and cheat him. For him to walk in and see the woman lying atop the man, who was far more handsome than he.
      Aleixo grimaced... Maybe that man would be me, he thought. He knew once he'd completed his goal, it'd be awfully simple.

Aleixo finished scheming his plan in his mind for now, done fantasizing about the ways he could terrorize Edward after he knocked him from relevancy.

He moved down the hall, heading to Keris' room. He walked in to find her sleeping. Her hair was messy and all over her face while she still wore the clothes she had on the day prior. He remembered she had no other clothes and until he gave her the new clothes he had promised, she would continue to wear that. He went back in the direction of his office but passed it and entered his quarters down the hall. He grabbed a vest he'd worn around a year or two ago, but he'd worn it so much that the colors no longer were as vibrant as he remembered them. It was his favorite vest at some point. The black vest with intricate gold swirls and patterns on it made him feel on top of the world. Two years ago he would've looked up to the current version of himself.

He set out for the square, walking quickly so he could make it back before she woke. He wanted his crew to see his new weapon in the greatest fashion. Her look was deadly, especially with those eyes and scars. Saying he took pride in her was an overstatement, however, he certainly wasn't ashamed of her.

He approached a tailor, Armin, whom he's known since he first set foot on these vicious streets at the age of 12. He'd mostly supplied Aleixo's clothes and since Armin has known him and his reputation for so long, he would spend an absurd amount of time on vests and trousers for Aleixo. 

Mark of the Phantomsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें