~1~ Dougebag

My thoughts are drifting away, while I'm starring out of the window.
Mr. Korac looks pathetic while trying to impress me with his presentation.

He really thinks I like him or his buissness,ideas. I don't.
And I actually dont have time to listen to his bullshit any longer.

He is trying so hard to convince me of his ideas about a new marketing strategy and I kinda feel bad for what is going to happen to him.

I decited to fire him a few weeks ago, when he came in my office, said he wanted to be my personal assistant and started to tell me about the positive aspects of us working closer together.

Since that day, he is coming up with unnesesarlry complicated marketing plans to show me, having a personal assistant is very practical.

"Miss Brody?", I turn my head rapidly and see four men in suits looking at me. "What do you think?", one of them asks.

"That's not working", I say without even looking at Mr. Korac or the questioner.
"But you said... you would give me a chance, when I show you, what I'm capable off.", he stutters.

"I know what I said.", I lay back in my chair while rolling my eyes, "I don't like it to repeat myself, nor when anyone else does."

It is true. But I ment, he could do something more on his level, like selling fridges and vacuumers at other peoples doors. Or becoming one of these guys who stand on streets or in a mall and read bilbe phrases out loud.

When he would accept the fact, that he's absoloutly awful at buissness and much better at annoying the people around him, I would have at least a little bit of respect left for him.

"I'm afraid, he doesn't see the problem"
I'm turning to my left to see Mr. Cope, one of my closest co-workers, whispering to me. He goes on "You better finally tell him, or he's never gonna realize."
"I guess so" I awnser.

"What problem?", Mr. Kodac is white as a fresh painted house."I think he heard us.", Mr. Cope says more to himself than to me.

I repress a laughter and finally turn me to the front. "Well...", I start, "Your ideas are too much. I can see that you are trying to support my company, but this is way to... to much of an abstract model than a real marketing plan not to mention a strategy."

He looks at me, as I am an alien, which just ate his mother.
"But you're right at one point." I start "I really do need an assistant."

I can see hope coming up on his face, which fades immediatly when I call in my secretary Josephine.

"He's waiting in your office Laura, if that's what you meant?",she says with a smile. I like her very much. I met her as a friend of by best friend Lizzie.

When my buissnes got bigger, I decided to give her a Job. Cause she nedded one, and I needed her help.

She's very competent and also very smart. I must say, one of the reasons, why I gave her a job is, that I kinda like her.
But she's straight and I'm not gonna try making a straight girl like me.

"Great, thank you.", I say with a little smirk to Mr. Kodac.

All his tries to convince me in getting a assistant, while he shows me how much stuff I got to do and I really could use some help, I realised it was true.

" I don't think we can work together anymore. I can't work with your ideas and... you. The last weeks showed me, that you can't even receive a check. So I decited to fire you.", I rush out. Finally.

His face goes blanker as it already is. Then he congregates and awnsers: "Fine, you are just to stupid to see my talent. You are making a very big mistake."
Then he takes his Laptop and leaves the room.

I start to smile big, when he's gone. And I see, the others are too, although they try to hide it and play it off cool.

"Oh come on, nobody of you guys liked him! Don't act like you don't care, because you do.", I burst while getting up, ready to meet my new assistant.

I'm almost every weekend in my office, and work at all the stuff, I haven't finished through the week or wasn't happy with in the end. And every weekend my best friend Lizzie checks on me and brings me snacks, so we can at least spend some time together.

Ane now hopefully, with my personal assistants help, I can stay home and chill with Lizzie and other friends at the weekends instead of working all the time like I had to as a child.

When I got nineteen and finished school, I finally decited to start my own buissness. My parentes always said I should become a Nurse, police officer, firefighter or something like that where you help other people.

But I helped other people my whole childhood. I got four younger siblings and my parentes didn't have much money, so I always had to care fot them and I also needed to habe a minijob, because everybody has to fight and care for themselves. And I never had time to be a normal kid, playing outside with their siblings and friends in the park.

When I finished school, I finally wanted to do what I want, and that wasn't babysitting my siblings or putting me last and work as a kid, because my parents were to stupid to use a condom.

I wanted to be the number one. Not just the first sibling but the first one people think of, when they hear the name Brody. I wanted to be so succsesful, my family would boast themselves with having me being related to them.

Now, twelve years later, I am one of the most succsesful women on the North American continent.

Laura Anabelle Brody, CEO of BrodyAnalysis.