Chapter 8

The warm amber rays of the morning sun immediately greeted my eyes as we entered the route, making me hold my hand over my eyes while they adjusted to the brightness.

There was a skate park at the entrance of the route, but that was of no interest to me or Lotus, since neither of us owned a pair of roller-skates.

Walking a little further up the route, we were immediately challenged to a battle by two girls, who sent out a plusle and a minun.

"Let's go Flabébé!" I say as I send out Flabébé, hoping to get it some battle experience before the next town.

Lotus sent out her Lilligant, and the battle began.

One of the girls started out by telling her plusle to use quick attack on Flabébé while the girl with the minun told her pokemon to use helping hand, essentially assisting her twin.

"Dodge it Flabébé!" I command and Flabébé obeys, barely managing to move out the way in time, despite being a small target.

We retaliated with fairy wind, which hit both the plusle and minun, while Lotus told Lilligant to use sleep powder on plusle, making it easier to hit since it would be asleep.

I could tell the girls were starting to panic a little, since the girl with the plusle kept calling for it to wake up, while the one with minun used quick attack on Lilligant. When the quick attack landed though, Lilligant didn't even look fazed by the attack, and Lotus retaliated with Mega drain, healing the damage that Lilligant had just taken.

"Let's finish this up. Flabébé, use vine whip on both plusle and minun!" I instruct and Flabébé does exactly what I command, ending the battle since plusle and minun fainted.

After that we continue on the route, me battling the trainers along the way, swapping my pokemon out each battle so they could all get experience in battling and allowing them to get stronger. We still had quite a big distance between this route and the next gym, so it gave us plenty of time to battle and gain experience.

We arrive in Camphrier town, our first stop being the pokemon center so I could heal my pokemon before we continued towards the next town. Unfortunately for us, there was a Snorlax on the bridge between the town and the next route we needed to take, so we were forced to ask around the town if anyone knew a way to get the Snorlax to move.

I knew we had to get the pokeflute, but I had no idea where we had to get it from. After going to Shabboneau Castle and being told we then needed to go Parfume Palace on route 6, we finally got the pokeflute.

I managed to catch an Espurr on the way, which I was very happy about.

We woke up Snorlax, and after battling it, it fled to the woods, allowing us to continue along the route. We continued to battle the trainers on the way, and we finally got to the connecting cave between the route and ambrette town.

The cave wasn't too dark, but I could see numerous zubat hanging from the ceiling, waiting to attack to us as we walked through. A few did, but deerling and Espurr managed to take them out easily.

We finally got out of the cave, having to go the long way since a huge boulder was blocking the shortcut to Cyllage city. I wasn't complaining though, since it allowed us to battle more.

While we were battling two wild Absol with Lotus, a bright blue light suddenly gathered around fennekin, and my eyes lit up, I both excitedness and proudness.

Fennekin was evolving!

When the blue light dissipated, Fennekin was no longer a small fox, but was standing on two legs with a stick buried in her tail. I pulled my pokedex up, allowing it to register that fennekin was no longer a fennekin, a but a Braixen.

"Fennekin! You evolved!" I say, throwing my arms around the pokemon, who happily hugged me back. Lotus congratulated me on fennekin evolving, before we continued on our way to Cyllage city.

We finally arrived, by the time we had, it was dark, but there was one thing I wanted to do before we either found a place to stay or camped out on the beach.

I knew I could buy an old fishing rod in the pokemon center, so I did just that, and told Lotus to come with me to the beach, asking her to set up camp for us while I went and did something.

I left all my pokemon except for Espurr, to hopefully gain it some more experience, since I caught Espurr later than the others.

Casting my rod into the ocean, I sat patiently with Espurr, petting its' head every so often while I waited for a bite.

Eventually, I got a bite and I immediately reeled my line in, bringing the pokemon that had bit the end of the line above the water.

To my luck, it was the exact pokemon I was looking for.

Luvdisc.

"Alright Espurr, use confusion!" I command right away, and Espurr looks at me for a moment for carrying out the command, barely giving the Luvdisc anytime to register what had happened.

The attack hits, and Luvdisc immediately looks at Espurr, retaliating with water gun.
Espurr manages to dodge when I command it to, using scratch shortly after.

Luvdisc dodges this time, and uses take down towards Espurr, which unfortunately hits, causing Espurr to fall back onto the sand.

"Espurr, you can do it, I know you can!" I say, encouraging the small cat, trying to motivate it.

Espurr nods at me and waits for my command. I saw that Luvdisc was stunned for a little bit, probably from the recoil from take down.

"Now's our chance, Espurr, use confusion!" I shout, and Espurr obeys with no hesitation, making the Luvdisc faint, allowing me to throw my pokeball.

"Alright, go pokeball!" I yell as I throw the ball at Luvdisc, patiently watching the ball move a couple times, before it makes a small click letting me know I had caught it.

"You did amazing Espurr, thank you. Return!" I say, and Espurr nods at me before going back into its pokeball.

I return to Lotus, showing her my catch, and after her congratulating me, we went to our respective tents which Lotus had set up for us while I was trying to catch Luvdisc.

I was extremely tired, so as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep. 

Blooming Ambitions: A pokemon StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara