Chapter 34

After defeating the first elite four member, Malva, I healed up my Pokémon at the mini-Pokémon center that was set up in the main hall that all the elite four chambers were connected to.

Since Malva's chamber was the top right, I decided to go in an anti-clockwise fashion, with the next chamber I would challenge being the one on the top left, then the bottom left, then the bottom right.

When we first walked into the chamber, both me and Lotus immediately noticed the two big swords that were stationed in the ground either side of the battlefield, and we immediately noticed a man dressed in armor who was sat at the top of the chamber.

Once he saw us, he introduced himself as Wikstrom, and said that he used Steel type Pokémon. He also asked whether his was the first chamber that I was challenging, to which I replied with a no, telling him we had just previously beat Malva.

He seemed a little shocked when I said I had just beaten Malva, but quickly regained his composure and said that it must have meant I was strong, and he was looking forward to our battle.

He quickly made his way to his side of the battlefield, and I made my way to mine.

Once we were both on our sides, we both sent out or Pokémon at the same time

"Showtime Braixen!"
"Let's go Klefki!"

"Challenger has the first move." He says, and I nod.

"Flame charge Braixen!" I call, and she obeys immediately, being engulfed in fire shortly after and charges straight towards Klefki.

"Dodge it and use spikes Klefki!" Wikstrom calls, and his Klefki swiftly dodges the flame charge, but I smirked, not minding one bit as my aim was to increase Braxen's speed to begin with anyway.

Soon enough though, metal spikes were littered across the floor, which quickly sunk into the ground, and I knew I had to be careful from here on out. Spikes meant that whatever Pokémon I switched into, except if they had the levitate ability, would take a little bit of damage.

"Use flame charge again Braixen!" I call, hoping to raise her speed one more time before I used any other attacks.

"Dazzling gleam Klefki." Wikstrom calmly says, and as Braixen was charging towards Klefki, a bright light came from the small Pokémon which knocked Braixen back.

"Braixen! Are you okay?" I ask her, and she turns back and nods before facing Klefki again.

"Fire spin!"

Braixen ignites the twig on the end of her tail, and sends a spiraling fire Klefki's way, trapping it in a fiery vortex that would stop it from moving for a little while.

"Jump Braixen!" I call, and Braixen obeys immediately, jumping high above Klefki, who doesn't even seem to show any reaction at all, despite being easy to hit with the fire surrounding it.

"Flamethrower Braixen!"

"Flash cannon Klefki!"

Flash cannon? I thought, surprised that such a small Pokémon would know such a strong move.

"Counter it with the flamethrower! Don't let it hit you!" I call to Braixen, and she nods once again, putting more power into the flamethrower, trying her best to break through the flash cannon.

The relief on my face was evident as she manages to, the flamethrower hitting Klefki dead on, and when Braixen landed, I could see Klefki had taken a lot of damage from the one move.

After all, Steel types were weak to fire types.

Although since I knew Klefki was part fairy, I thought Flamethrower wouldn't have done that much damage, but I wasn't complaining that it did.