Dodgefall

Jack's POV:

It was the second-to-last period of the day. 

Physical Education; P.E.

I, myself, was not the fittest but certainly not fat. I was pretty skinny, but definitely not fit for sports.

A ball, hard and red in color, came flying towards my face, and I managed to miss it by just a bit. I picked up a ball that rolled close to my foot and ran with it, throwing it at a good friend of mine— Killian— for shits and giggles.

He turned around, a godsmacked look on his face. He then grinned and went to the sidelines, throwing a ball he was holding to me. Happily, I grabbed it and pelted it at some poor kid who got hit by multiple at once.

"Nice throw, Sean!" Our teacher shouted from across the room. I nodded my head to him, dodging and weaving, throwing another ball and missing a kid. He snickered, before quickly throwing another at me. I only just dodged it by a cat's whisker, but when I did you should have seen the look on my face.

I laughed a bit, enjoying the sound of the noisy and excited students running around. Slowly, giving myself a break, I put my hands on my hips and backed up a bit. My eyes caught glimpse of the kid who everyone loved— raven hair, glasses, goofy smile— and even though I'd never talk to him, I also found him awesome, friendly and funny.

I studied his smiling, chuckling and exhausted looking face as he was calling across the gym to a friend.

I felt my lips curve upwards again, and I backed up a bit more, stopping when I was in the gentle sunlight from the open windows which stood tall upside of the gym's right wall. At first, the sunlight bothered me none, and I found myself laughing as Killian made stupid faces to try and distract me.

But within seconds, there was a quick shimmer through the glass panes, temporarily blinding me, and then the light directly from the sun shone fully onto my face, blinding me completely, meaning I couldn't see any incoming objects or anywhere past a ruler's length in front of me.

However, what I did see through squinted, pained, blind eyes was an angelically white figure, coming towards me at what seemed to be full speed, but...

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. The figure was running at me, like he was trying to stop, but as it seemed to go in slow motion, they had no where near enough time. All I could do was stand there and blink, mouth lightly agape. It didn't take a genius to figure out what happened next.

The figure— kid— collided into my chest, and we began to fall to the ground. I felt a pair of lips interlock and clash with my own, sending a vibration through me, as well as a deep red through my cheeks as my body hit the floor, another landing on top of it and winding me vaguely.

We laid there, lips locked for only a split moment before we opened our eyes, our gazes hot like fire, our cheeks too. His eyes sent me a very apologetic look, but all I could do was stare. He was kissing me, for fuck's sake! Even though it was by accident, it happened!

He quickly took his lips off mine, panting and looking me dead in the eyes.

"Hey! Mark, Sean, will you two stop making-out and actually play the game!?" Coach called, laughing immensely.

We each stiffened, upon remembering the huge gymnasium— full of people. Teenage, judging, gossiping people.

We each looked around, our cheeks flushed red as a rose as we helped each other up, holding each other's arms.

I realized that we were still holding and ripped away, the raven-haired boy's attention snapping back to me. I smiled, shyly, at him and he did the same, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry," he mumbled, eyes locked on mine.

"It's okay, I replied, chuckling nervously. The coach blew a whistle and the game was back on, Mark beginning to jog away to the other side of the gym, head turned and eyes still fixed on mine.

I can only stare at his beautiful structure as he jogs away. He runs over to a friend, saying something before turning around and catching a ball.

In an instant, I felt an object crash into my leg. I flinched, almost falling over. I noticed it was a ball and groaned. There was a blow of the whistle.

"Aftershock's over McLoughlin, you're out!"

I trotted over to the sidelines, annoyed and somewhat still intrigued by the boy who's lips touched mine.  When sitting on the bench, I watched him play for a while, before he turned to me, a ball at hand, smiled, and mouthed 'meet me behind the gym'.

I grinned and nodded; something tells me that little accident we'd had was the start of something unexplainable.

A/N: Hey, first one's up! xp I swear, they aren't all this boring... if that's what you think this is... actually, they might all be. xDD

IMPORTANT: This will only be updated very rarely, if I feel like it.

Peace~ :D