7 | ❝Caramel Macarons❞ - Subin

╔══════════════════╗
JUNG SUBIN
✎ vii. caramel macarons
╚══════════════════╝

You were preparing some espresso shots for an order of americanos when you heard the chime of the door and looked up

You were preparing some espresso shots for an order of americanos when you heard the chime of the door and looked up. Your favourite customer, Subin. You smiled. He smiled back.

You couldn't lie and pretend that you didn't like him, because you did. All your coworkers knew that you had the biggest crush on him, so they always made sure you were the one serving him. "The coffee doesn't taste as good when Y/n isn't the one who is making it," Subin always claimed, so your coworkers were pretty sure he also liked you.

He seemed to always pop into the store when you most needed some cheering up. One look at him and you couldn't help but smile, because he was always smiling too. "I just can't help it, it smells so good in here," was his excuse when you asked him about it months ago. "And you look so pretty," was what he wished he had the courage to say.

He was pretty quiet most of the time. He came in every other day, got his macarons, talked with you for a bit and then sat at his corner seat, looking as gorgeous as ever. You had thought about sneaking in a little piece of paper with your number on it into the package with his macarons on many occasions, but you never had the guts for it. But, maybe, just maybe, today was the day you'd be able to muster that courage.

"I'll take the usual, Y/n," he told you, your name sounding unbelievably pretty from his lips. You nodded, "I'll just finish this other order first," you whispered to him with a smile that took his breath away. You swore you never made an americano so fast in your life, but you were so eager to get to Subin's order, to see his cute smile when he received the drink you made him.

You got out a cup and wrote Subin's name on it with your best handwriting. You couldn't resist the urge to add a small heart next to his name, so you did. You started adding the flavourings and additions that he liked in his drinks, always making sure to make his drink with extra care so it was just how he liked it.

Usually he would go sit in his spot by the window, but this time he stayed at the counter. You could feel his stare on your back as you moved around preparing the drink. Only he had the power to make you blush this much.

You glanced back at him while frothing the milk, admiring his cute glasses and sharp jawline. He was humming softly, eyes glimmering as the light shone through the window, lighting up the side of his face in a dazzling warm hue.

You put the lid on the drink and then grabbed 3 caramel macarons from the display, placing them carefully on paper to wrap up. You snatched a pen from beside the cashier and scribbled a quick note on the macaron paper before wrapping it up.

"Enjoy," You handed him his order, unable to make eye contact. God, he just had to wear that letterman jacket from his college. Paired with his black glasses, it made him look incredibly cute— a complete boyfriend outfit.

His fingers slightly brushed against yours while grabbing the drink, making Subin suck in a breath. Pull yourself together, he urged himself in his head. With a cute nervous laugh he thanked you and sat down in his seat, finally able to breathe freely and calm down his racing heart.

As soon as he opened the package of macarons, however, all that effort to relax went down the drain. Blush crept onto his cheeks, tinting them with a bright red flush as soon as his eyes landed on your number carefully written on the paper. His cafe crush wasn't going to nothing after all.