4 | ❝Let's Go See the Stars❞ - Byungchan

╔══════════════════╗
CHOI BYUNGCHAN
✎ iv. let's go see the stars
╚══════════════════╝

a/n. based on byungchan's cover of let's go see the stars (listen to that!!) and maybe a little whisper of the heart influence too <33

 based on byungchan's cover of let's go see the stars (listen to that!!) and maybe a little whisper of the heart influence too <33

To say it hadn't been your best week would be an understatement. You must have cried over 10 times just over little, insignificant things. You had totally tanked your exam, and would probably get a bad grade in your class because of it. You tried to forget about it as you laid on your bed, breathing softly and staring at the ceiling, and you did manage to forget about the exam - it wasn't that hard. But you couldn't forget about your boyfriend leaving tomorrow.

He was going off to college, and you were staying here. You didn't know how often you would be able to see him, but you were expecting it to be very little compared to now. He promised he would text and call you everyday if he could, but it wouldn't be the same as seeing each other in person, and you both knew that. After seeing each other almost every day for the past 2 years, it would be such a sudden change, and you hated the idea of it.

Your phone began to vibrate beside you and you turned lazily towards it, eyes almost tearing up at the sight of his contact. "Byungchannie 🐣💛" - it had stayed the same since you first fell in love with him at sixteen. You answered the call, breathing out a soft "hey" and closing your eyes, just listening to his sweet voice.

"Jagi, can you come out? I'm at your house now." He paused, smiling and looking up at your window. "Make sure to grab a light jacket, cause it's a bit chilly."

"Okay." You smiled, sitting up and peaking out your window. He stood just outside, a dimpled smile displayed on his face, and the fact that he looked happy helped you to feel a bit better. His bicycle was stopped behind him, and his hair was slightly messy from the wind. He noticed the curtain move slightly and smiled wider, staring straight at you.

"I'll be right down." You said, smiling as you hurriedly hung up the call and grabbed the closest jacket you could find, rushing out the door.

You caught Byungchan in a hug as soon as you ran out, clutching his sweater closer to you from behind. He wrapped his arms around you immediately, hands going up to hold the back of your head and stroke your hair.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" He asked in a whisper, breaking the hug to look at your face. You smiled in approval. "Let's go see the stars." He said, placing a hand on his bike to stabilise it before getting on it. You sat behind him carefully, holding onto his waist.

"You ready?" He asked. You hummed in response, hugging him a bit tighter as he started to pedal away. You rested your cheek on his back, breathing in the cool night air. It helped you not focus on this being one of the last times you would see him for months.

He rode through the suburban area, eventually stopping at a tall building. "Let's go." He smiled again, offering you his hand to get off the bike. You continued to hold it tightly as the two of you walked up the stairs, all the way to the roof of the building.

You didn't really need to talk, so both of you stayed silent for a while. The weight of him leaving tomorrow was heavy in the air, and the topic would eventually come up if you started talking anyway. You were more content to just look at the stars, Byungchan hugging you from behind to stay close and keep you both a bit warmer.

"You know I love you, right?" Byungchan asked softly.

"I know. I love you too." You smiled sadly, "I'll miss you." You turned around, making eye contact with him to let him know how sincere you were being.

"I wish I didn't have to leave you. 7 months is a long time." He said, his happy resolve finally breaking away in front of you as he started to tear up slightly. He looked away from you, trying to stop his tears from falling, but he was unsuccessful as they started to slide down his cheeks.

"Don't cry." You choked out, feeling your throat get dry and your own tears build at your waterline. You wiped one of his tears away with your thumb, embracing him in a hug again. You rubbed your hand up and down his back to try to comfort him, and it seemed to work a bit.

"I'll really miss you. I promise to call you every day." He whispered, and you felt like your heart shattered in your chest. He kissed your forehead, working down the side of your face with more soft kisses before finally reaching your lips. He captured your lips in a longer kiss, knowing it would be the last one for a while.

You didn't want to stop kissing him, as it was a very effective distraction from the crying just before. You were forced to pull away once you ran out of breath, but that didn't stop you from going up on your tiptoes to place gentle kisses on his neck amongst your rushed breathing. He giggled softly at your breath which was tickling the skin on his neck, his charming dimples appearing on his cheeks.

"I really love you." You murmured into his ear, and it made his heart race as if you two had just started dating.