I'm glad she said that because if she was silent, I would probably think there was something she wasn't telling me. While I wasn't hurt outside of getting my face punched and dropped a couple times, the sedative could have hurt him. She continues moving the probe on my belly around, showing him from different angles and little bean continues to kick around like he's throwing his own little party in there.

"Alright, well, it looks like the baby measures about eleven ounces, which would make you roughly thirteen weeks in for a werewolf pregnancy, which is halfway."

My eyes bulge out of my head. Halfway?! I don't even know when I got pregnant; halfway could mean I'm only pregnant for another two weeks?! Roman's look probably mirrors mine because Dr. Crowen looks at us sheepishly and smiles.

"This would explain why your weight loss was so dramatic; you should have been eating well over double what you normally would to keep your body up with this growth rate. I wish I could tell you an exact date, but I would prepare to go into labor within the month if you were only a week along when you got taken."

I sit there, staring at her, utterly bewildered as she speaks; Roman does the same.

"I know this is a shock, but we'll just take it one day at a time, and the good news is that your nausea should go away any day now," she continues, trying to do damage control. We still stare at her, I would love to speak to put this woman out of her misery, but the only thing on my mind is that I didn't even know I was pregnant ten days ago. Now I might grow and spit out an entire pup within another two or three weeks.

"Do you want to know the sex?" she finally says, looking relieved when me and Roman glance at each other, breaking our stares at her.

"Do you want to wait?" he asks me; I shake my head

"No, do you?" I ask

"Not even a little" he smiles and looks at Dr. Crowen as she moves the probe again, and I swear I see buttcheeks on the screen.

"Alright, here we are. Do you both want to take a guess before I tell you?"

"Boy!" we both say in unison, and she smiles, pausing, I assume for dramatic effect.

"Is that your final answer?" she says, and we nod. "Nope, it's a girl," she finishes.

I suck in a breath, all thoughts of potentially going into labor within a month leaving my mind. My free hand covers my heart as the tears of joy finally spill over. Roman squeezes my hand; he's practically bouncing with excitement.

"A girl! A girl! Hear that, babe? I'm a girl Dad," he says; I laugh at how absolutely giddy he is as he stares at the screen like he's enchanted by it before he looks away and kisses me deeply.

I break the kiss, almost forgetting that Dr. Crowen is there. But, she doesn't seem to mind as she prints some pictures, hands them to me, and wipes the gel off my belly. Roman is still buzzing with excitement next to me.

"Congratulations Alpha and Luna. So I want to see you back here in exactly twenty-four hours, and we'll look at the growth measurements again. Her bones are the length they're supposed to be at thirteen weeks along, her organs are all perfect, and her heart rate is normal again. So, I'm pleased with everything I saw," she says, and we both nod, relieved.

Roman helps me off the table as Dr. Crowen goes around to open the door, and Justin, who's leaning up against the wall, helps me back in the wheelchair. Roman practically skips the entire way back to our room, earning odd glances from his pack members. Shit, I would be looking at him like that if I didn't feel the same excitement; if I've never seen him like this, then surely his pack hasn't, either.

When we get back to our room, everyone waiting eagerly looks up, waiting for an update.

"It's a girl!" Roman yells as soon as he sees them, not even waiting for me to get out of the wheelchair

"Hell yeah!" Seth stands up and fist bumps the air, Azrael doing the same and pulling Roman into a headlock, while Dad and, even Aylin have huge smiles on their faces.

"Look! I got pictures," I tell them, and they all crowd around me as I show them.

"Holy shit, that's like...an actual baby," Azrael says

"Well, what else would it be, you twit? A pineapple?" Aylin says to him, and he glares at her

"I meant, asshole, that Mara was like five minutes pregnant the last time I saw her and that our niece was probably the size of a jellybean!" he snaps back

"She just looks like a blob with a head to me," Seth says, scratching his head

"No, bro, look." Roman says, plucking the pictures from my hands, "See, there's her head, these are the arms, that's her little belly, and those are the legs! Oh look, in this one, you can see her foot, and here's her butt!" he shows Seth, who still looks at them cluelessly but nods anyways. Hades helps Gemma whenever they have kids.

"What did the doctor say about your possible due date?" Dad asks me.

"Well...she said I might deliver before the month is over," I say, anxious again. Dad's eyes widen.

"Hades' hell! We have to set up a nursery, and the house needs to be babyproofed; you need bottles and a breast pump. Wait, do you want to breastfeed? Because if not, then we need to get some tins of formula! Lord, we might have to clear the shelves if she's already growing this fast-"

"Father, if you don't shut your big mouth, both Amara and Roman are going to pass out," Aylin cuts him off when he looks at me and realizes I'm staring at him wide-eyed and probably pale.

Well, apparently, I don't know the first thing about having a baby. Do I want to breastfeed? I mean, it seems easy enough, and I won't have to risk running out of formula. What the hell needs babyproofed? It's not like she's gonna walk out!

I hear a little commotion and a thud and look over to find my mate passed out cold on the floor.

"Fucking hell, now look what you did!" Aylin snaps at my father, who looks like he's trying very, very hard not to laugh. "Pick up his feet and help me get him into the damn bed, your mess; you clean it up!" she says as she grabs Roman's shoulders.

Despite my prior panic, I have to laugh as I watch them dump him into the bed, and Aylin takes my pitcher of water and dumps it on his face. He jolts up, looking around, confused.

"No, stay lying down, you oversized cupcake," Aylin says, pushing his shoulder down.

"Amara better starts praying to her Goddess now; she'll need it when this baby comes. Want to split the bill for a nanny? Gets us off the hook for a baby shower gift," Azrael says to Seth, who nods like it's the best idea he's ever heard.

I start laughing uncontrollably; Goddess, it's so good to be home.