TWELVE

Finnick trained in the water, while Grace sat on the sand, staring into the emptiness

He spun the trident over his head. Beetee and Johanna sat together and talked, so did Katniss and Peeta. 

"Grace?" She didn't realize that the blonde was suddenly next to her, looking down. 

Tears swelled up in her eyes. He sat down next to her. "What's wrong, honey?" 

A tear rolled down her cheek, Finnick raising his hand and brushing it away. "I-" 

She couldn't say it. She couldn't bring it into words. Her hand moved to her face and she brushed the tears away. 

"Grace." He placed his hand on her jaw and turned her head to him, wanting to see her face. Slowly her eyes moved up, seeing the tears that had left his eyes too. 

Both shared the same wound. She realized she wasn't alone. 

He opened his eyes and took her into a hug, one of the best both of them ever had. His hugs were golden.

"Promise me, when this plan won't work, that you won't leave my side?" 

Grace raised her eyebrows. "I promise." 

A light smile formed on both faces. Both moved away. Silence followed. Something unspoken was in the air. 

"Katniss told me that you heard my voice.", the blonde broke the air. 

"Mhm." Her head was turned down and in her hands was the knife with the 'ℱ' on it. Slowly she reached her arm out and held it for him to take. "Hm?" He looked down and a smile formed on his face. His hand grabbed the knife and inspected it, then a smile forming. "Thank you, love."

She turned her head to the side, Finnick following. Katniss and Peeta were making out, then placed their foreheads on each other. 

"Wow, that's romantic.", the blonde woman said. She turned to Finnick, who suddenly was closer to her, her eyes widening and blush creeping upon her cheeks. 

He placed his hand on the back of her neck. Her eyes wandered for a second down to his lips.

"My eyes are up here, darling." She looked back into his eyes, her cheeks getting more and more red. Slowly Finnick pulled her near to him, both holding the eye contact. Their lips touched, then they closed their eyes. 

Grace never felt more happier, so did Finnick. 

His hand trailed to her cheek. The kiss was slow, memorizing and romantic. 

Finnick's lips were soft and full. 

Both of them hoped for this moment never to end. 

"All right, lovebirds!", Johanna called, causing both of them to break their kiss and turn to her.

She rolled her eyes at the woman destroying this romantic moment.

"It's time.", the blonde male whispered. Grace nodded. Slowly they both stood up and walked over to the others.

Now, Lee knew what she wanted to fight and survive for. 

Finnick Odair.