FIVE

The five continued walking through the woods, Katniss now being the first and throwing stones on the force fields to stop them from walking against it again

The five continued walking through the woods, Katniss now being the first and throwing stones on the force fields to stop them from walking against it again. "Hang on." She placed the bow on her back and climbed up a tree, leaving the others behind.

"The force field. It's a dome. We're at the edge of the arena. We couldn't find any signs of fresh water." The black-haired woman told everyone as she reached the ground again. 

Grace's throat was burning and so were the other's. "It's gonna get dark soon. We'll be safe with our backs protected. We should set up camp. Take turns sleeping. I can take first watch." Finnick spoke up. 

"Not a chance." He looked at Katniss, who just disagreed with disbelief. 

"Honey, that thing I did back there for Peeta? That was called 'saving his life'. If I wanted to kill either of you, I would've done it by now."

He took his trident out of the ground and walked away. He wasn't wrong. 

"Why don't you get some rest? I'll take the first watch." Peeta nodded slightly. "Just for a little bit." 

Grace stood next to Finnick, who helped Mags up. She sat down, leaned back by a tree and looked up at the sky. In the corner of her eye she saw Mags, who tried to get her attention. 

"What do you need?" She signed. 

"Promise me, if I go, then you'll keep Finnick safe."

 Grace lowered her eyebrows. "I promise." 

Finnick had watched their mute conversation, wishing he would have accepted Mags' sign lessons, so he would understand what they were talking about.

It became dark fast. 

"How's Peeta?", she heard Finnick asking. 

"He's okay, I think. Just dehydrated like the rest of us." 

The Panem Anthem started playing, but Grace kept her head down and looked at the ground. Mags and Peeta woke up, looking up at the sky. It stopped. 

"Eight." "Mhm."

Grace looked up as soon as she heard the electronic chiming. The others noticed three seconds after too. Grace caught the gift and opened it. 

'Drink up. - H.' 

Katniss stepped in front of her and looked at it. "Drink up." 

"What's that?"

She took it out of the box and inspected it. "It's from Haymitch." 

"It's a spile. ", Grace said, walking over to a tree and pushing it into the wood. "A what?" She picked up a stone and knocked on it multiple times, then waited. After a while, water finally came flooding out.

"You're kidding me. You're kidding me."

Grace stepped to the side and got a leaf, while Katniss, Peeta and Finnick drank from the water. She filled it up with water and bent down to Mags, a smile on her face.  

"I'm gonna get a -", Finnick stopped as he saw Grace next to Mags. He knew that, deep down, she cared, and he admired that. There was a completely different person behind Grace's hard shell.

Mags stroke through the girls hair and smiled thankfully. "I'll get you some more." Grace stood up and wanted to get a new load, but Finnick stopped her. 

"I will get some for Mags, please first drink something yourself." Grace was surprised of this act. He took the leaf out of her hands and both walked to the spile, getting water. She felt relieved as the water dripped over her face and flooded down her throat.