chapter 1

I got to school late as usual last night was lit. My friend and I snuck into a club and let loose. I had a great time, but this morning, I woke up with a bloody headache.

I should have known better than to go partying during the week. I can not afford any more demerits. My grades are barely enough for me to graduate, because of the very same class I am late for.

Also, I don't know why i let Huiying spend the night. I know it's not her fault that our parents have matched us up, but I really did not expect her to take it so seriously. The whole Uni even knows that we are engaged.

She is really trying too hard to claim her territory. I don't even love her like that. She is really a great girl but not for me.

I also told her I won't be doing those kinds of things with her so that she can stay pure for her future husband. I know that it is not going to be me, but i really need to come up with a plan of how I am going to get my parents to break off the engagement.

I finally get to class, but Professor Yizhou is already teaching. He is a pain in the butt because every single wrong I do, he calls my parents. I wonder how much they promised him to spy on me.

How is Jili already here, we were together last night. What a sellout. He didn't even call me to make sure I was awake.

He saw me through the window and knew I needed him to distract Professor Yizhou so I could sneak in.

"Professor, can you please check if the way I am doing this is in the format you want."

"What do you think this is, high school? Just make sure it matches the layout I gave you last week."

"Please, professor, you can not fail me if I get it wrong because everyone here heard me ask for your assistance, and you refused.

I know Jili will nag the professor until he gets his way.

As soon as I saw him make his was up the stairs towards Jili, I ran in.

Of course, I had to crash straight into the fan that was placed by the door.

Ag, my life sucks.

"Good morning Mr Wang, how nice of you to join us, can you kindly go wait for me in my office. I will be with you shortly. The class only has 15 min left anyway."

"Yes, sir."

I so wanted to kick the fan on my way out, but I was in enough trouble already.

I went to the professor's office and waited there. His office always smelt like dumplings. It explains why he also smelt like dumplings as well.

He came in shortly after I sat down. I am sure he couldn't wait to scold me and inform my parents of my bad behavior.

"So Mr Wang care to tell me why you were late for class, I am sure it's not because you stayed up late trying to complete the class assignment so that you can hand it in early. If that is the case, I would let this whole incident slide."

"Professor, so the thing is, I woke up with a terrible headache, and I was not even sure I was gonna make it to class today. I am telling you the truth, professor. You can have the nurse check me she will feel the fever."

"The thing about a headache is that it's not always a sign of sickness. It can always be a result of bad choices from last night perhaps?"

He tilted his head to the side and showed me a knowing smile.

"How do you know about that? Are you following me?"

"If kids go to adult areas and sneak into adult establishments, adults are more likely to spot them there because kids stick out like sore thumbs when they go where they shouldn't. Don't you think?"