3. studious. [drew and peony]

[copy-pasted directly from google docs.]
no improvements. (and there might still be cursing but i'm not sure)

Drew walks into the library because like hell he's going to spend the next hour reviewing the US Civil War and this is the last place they'll think to look for him, when he spots Peony, one year junior to him.

Peony's sitting at a table in the library, scribbling something in a notebook in that neat script he sustains, looking from the documents open on his laptop then back down again.

Walking up to the table, Drew pulls the chair and does that thing where he turns it and sits in it backwards so he can fold his arms on the back of the chair and plop his head down.

"Sup, nerd," he grins.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" he asks without missing a beat, not even bothering to look up.

"Shouldn't you?" they throw back.

"Study hall," he deadpans.

Drew blinks. "Same."

"Liar."

"What's it to you? You wouldn't tell on me, would you?"

"Wouldn't matter either way, would it?" he grumbles. "It's a waste of my energy. Like this conversation."

"Aw, you don't mean that," they tilt their head, staring at an unflinching Peony.

"No, I'm quite sure I do," he speaks sharply, finally looking up from his notes to glare straight at Drew and his shit-eating grin. "Do you not have anything better to do than bother me?"

"Oh, you love it."

"Does it look like I love it?"

They squint playfully at him. "Mmmm-maybe," they shrug. "It's a possibility."

"I very much disagree," he huffs, placing down his pencil and typing something into his laptop.

"Nerd," Drew throws at the sound of the keys click-clacking. They stare at him for a couple more seconds before losing interest and pulling a small half-eaten bag of Cheetos out of their pocket, which is normal apparently.

Peony's eye twitches and he ever so slightly pulls his stuff away from them. "What the hell are you doing?" he demands, pointing an accusing finger at them.

Crunch. "What."

"What do you mean, what?"

He tilts his head to a shrugged shoulder, popping another Cheeto into his mouth. "You want one?" He pokes him in the cheek with a Cheeto. Peony slaps his hand away with a scowl.

"No, I do not want one," he hisses, leaning towards them slightly and jabbing his finger harshly at their chest. "You shouldn't be eating in the library."

"Well, you shouldn't be a bitch in the library, ever think about that?"

"I'm not being a–" he cuts himself off with a squint. Slowly, he pulls away and fixes his posture back to his default state of permanent-silver-spoon-up-his-ass. "Silence in the library."

They roll their eyes, eating another Cheeto. "Fine."

(Drew leaves after they finish their bag of Cheetos, though not without a proper 'bye, nerd, i'll see you around'. Peony nearly flips them off before deciding against it because he's supposed to be a good child or whatever.)