soft arguments.

bon matin mes amis this one has a painting attached at the end of it am i not the coolest
general tags: they're still gay.

"How!?" Esther demands curtly, pushing Yume down onto the bed with gentle hands that contrast the sharpness of their voice. "I told you to do one thing and one thing only!"

"Well, that one thing was boring," she insists, rolling her eyes and attempting to bat their hands away. "I hate just lying around and waiting! I want to play, Izzy!"

They sigh with frustration, one hand on their hip and the other one still firmly against Yume's chest. "No."

"But why?" The 'y' gets stretched out in her whine, which doesn't really help her case.

"Because you're a danger to yourself all the time, that's why!"

"That's the point," she insists, and Esther looks ready to slap her.

"No, it really isn't. The point is to get rest and recover. All you've achieved is a crying ten-year-old and a broken wrist. Again."

"What do you mean, again? The last child I made cry was, like, twelve! And I broke my ankle that time!"

"How do you keep breaking your joints?" they hiss. "You weren't even sparring with anyone."

"You don't know that," she murmurs fiercely, turning her nose up and squinting up at them childishly. "And I've broken my leg before."

"A fractured fibula is not better than a broken joint!"

"How about my elbow?"

"That's still a joint."

Yume pouts. "Whatever, I don't regret it."

Esther sighs again, this time edged with softness. "Of course, you don't," they mutter with a scowl, but there's no edge to it. "Go to sleep."

"That's boring."

"I don't care."

"Ugh."

(She listens anyway. Or, at least, tries to.)

)