Chapter 24

Nadine's POV

"I'm sorry, I think I didn't hear that correctly?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Marriage, Ms. Lustre. My client was thinking out of the box so he thought of marriage. He has his own religious views and for the sake of the child not to travel long hours just to see both parents." The lawyer of James repeated.

"Your honor, it sounds like blackmail to me." My lawyer exclaimed.

"Take it or leave it," James kept a straight face.

"My court isn't the one for petty issues, Mr. Reid if you want Ms. Lustre to marry you should have asked yourself." The judge glared at us. "10 minute recess." The judge raps on her gavel.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on my chair. "Are you ok?" Atty. Perez asked me.

I felt like my head was spinning, sobrang hilong-hilo ako. "Answer me, would you like to go to the clinic?" Atty. Perez asked again, her voice a little louder this time.

I tried to blink a few times and simply nodded. I stood up and looked at James and saw him looking back at me with what I thought was a worried look.

I tilted my head to the side to signal him to come talk to me outside.

When we got to a corner of the courthouse, he looked at me as if he was searching for something.

"Are you sick?" He asked. I saw him raise his arm, probably about to touch me but he placed his arm back to his side again.

SICK?!

"Are you telling me that I'm crazy?!" I almost exclaimed.

"What?" James gave me an incredulous look.

"You asked if I was sick, therefore you think I'm crazy?" I looked at him as if he was a monster.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He decided to touch me this time, parnag niyugyog niya ako.

"Wrong with me?! Siguro ilalagay mo sa petition mo for custody na Psychologically incapable ako no?" I accused.

"Hey!" He snapped. He looked at me as if I was crazy. "I don't fucking care. My son will not be a bastard. Either I'm going to push through with custody case which you know for obvious reasons that I'm going to win, or you're gonna marry me." Inilatag niya ang pag-pipilian ko na parang ulam sa BUFFET.

I took a deep breath and tried to regain my composure. I didn't know why I was so emotional just a few seconds ago and now I feel so aggravated. "Bakit ba ikaw ang kailangan masunod?" I scowled at him.

"Bakit ang dami mong tanong?" He challenged.

"I am not marrying you!" I said. "And that's final!" I stepped down one foot.

He smirked at me. "Well then get ready to drive to my house whenever you want to see your son." He threatened.

Before I could speak, I received a text from Atty. Perez.

From: Atty. Perez

The judge rescheduled the next hearing. I already went home because I couldn't see you.

I sighed. "The judge reschedule the next court hearing, we're done for the day." I informed James.

He just stood there as if thinking about something.

"James, can we just.... If you want me to get down on my knees, I would!" I begged.

He poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue and I thought I saw him smile. "I like a girl on her knees infront of me. Anong gagawin mo kapag lumuhod ka?" He smirked at me.